Sign in to follow this  
rick22

1000 or 1500 watts

hey whats up everyone. i finally got my money for my amp which is going to my mag d2 15. my question is should i get the bx1000d or the bx1500d. the sub is in a 3.3 ported box tuned to 32 and its in a daily driven car. if i go with the bx1500d am i gonna always have to worry about blowing the sub. ive noticed that alot of people are giving it 1500 watts but i saw that nick said that if these subs were rated like other subs it would be 1000wrms which is why im just making sure which amp to go with. thanks alot

the more power the better. get the 1500d. just keep the gain low amd ur amp wont break a sweat.

the sub will not have a problem with 1500 watts. but just to give you an idea of how loud it's going to be: i send 600 x 1 @ 4 ohms to my 15'' mag and anything above 50 (out of 80) on my volume is way too loud for me. although i'm more sq oriented anyway so that makes a difference. you will be unbelievably pleased either way trust me.

I too am sending my Mag 15 600 watts at 4 ohms and it gets very loud. it is extremely loud at around 25 out of 35. But I am looking for a 1200 watt amp for it.

thinking about a Cadence A7HC or a Orion 1200D. anyone have any suggestions on the two?

the Cadence and the Orion, I feel are a step up from the HIFONICS

both the A7HC and the 1200D will do about 1400 watts

the Cadence and the Orion, I feel are a step up from the HIFONICS

both the A7HC and the 1200D will do about 1400 watts

I agree

I think I am going to go with the Orion 1200D. I have heard good things about them. Hope they are as reliable and stable as I read.

if you have a specific question about the Orion amp, HCCAfan will be a good person to talk to, he is very familar with Orion Equipent

just wanting to make sure I am not getting an unreliable amp that will crap out on me in a few months. I have been looking for a PC2350 for a while but can't find one. I love the PPI PC amps (black ones that is) they are the most reliable amps I have owned.

I've owned counless art series, and older pc series PPI amps and now use Orion. They are the most reliable amp I've used to date. They NEVER get hot. I use the older series (2002) but i've also used some of the new stuff and its really good too. The new class D Orion amps are considered some of the best, and most power amps in their class's. Viper 1200D's are just as good and have actually been tested to put out even more than the Orion. Same company btw.

They are owned by DEI, but the VIpers are made from another place