Sign in to follow this  
michael

15'' BTL vs. 18'' BTL

I was going to put 2-18'' Q's in a ford excursion until I heard ONE 15'' BTL fully loaded in a excursion powered by a hifonics BXi2006. The box was 3.5 cubes net @ 33hz. Let me say that it was loud!!! I want to run 2-18'' BTL's fully loaded on my new TE4001D amp!!! Would 2-15'' BTL's hang with 2-18's? Or will the 18's smoke the 15's like that? I really want the 18's and if I put each one in 5 cubes @32hz what will happen to my excursion?(Each sub will see about 1800 watts each.) If I use 5 cubes or 8 cubes per sub what would it do to the sound of the box? I want my X to fall apart from all the bass and I want it to be LOUD. What would the Fi Audio Guru's do...

Edited by Never2Loud

I've got 2 BTL18's in a Blazer. They have a little over 6 cubes apiece and they hit looooow. It really surprised me how low they could go with only 6 cubes. And they're tuned at 34hz. You would probably be fine with 5 cubes if that is all the room you can spare. But with an SUV that size, go with the 18's. 2 18's have about as much cone area as 3 15's.

2 18s. I have 2 18" btls in my yukon in 7.5ft^3 @ 35hz and it still gets very low while getting loud. I would give them one of those amps a piece if you could, but they'll still sound great off 2k each. I had mine one 4kws total, went to 8k and the difference was huge to the ear. The 18s will have more cone area and be louder if setups are equal. Plus they look bad-as$.

Edited by tejcurrent

I want to keep them around for awhile, so that is why I only want to hit each sub with 2000 watts or so. Plus that is the RMS of the BTL. I can add one more amp but how long will the sub take 4000 watts before it blows? I think with the right box and port size I should hurt something! Lets try this, I dont care what it take to make the BTL's bang, I want them to BANGBANGBANG!!!!! I have a 250 amp alternator, 300amp isolator, 1 yellow top up front and 1 in the rear. Do you think that this would power 2 MTX TE4001D amps(rated @ 3700 watts@ 1ohm)and 2 MTX TE604(60x4) amps? Last week I sold my Memphis mojo 4kw amp and got 1 TE4001 for now. I need help with the box. I need to know how build a ported box. i want to have each sub in it's own box with 1 slot port down the side of the box. I need to know how to come-up with the numbers to make the box. This way if I chang the box I know how to build the next box to the size and shape I want it. The box I want to build would be 48x20x32 (WxHxD) internal(17.77 cubes).48'' wide this way I would have a factory edge on the MDF. With the subs and the port facing the rear door. Slot port down the right side for 1 sub and down the left side for the other sub. lOOl Like that. thanks...

Sign in to follow this