Sign in to follow this  
truckaudioman

Quick Question for you Shawn

Whats up Shawn?? Quick Question, about how much does it cost to do all the big upgrades in a truck. New alt, wiring, etc. I know this is probably the most imp thing my truck will need. Esp if I try to run the 4 BTL's. What is a good alternator company. This is for a 2006 or 07 Chevy Silverado.

That is it, I was thinking it would cost a lot more to do a total upgrade of my electrical system and all. I had imagined about 1500 or so for the 8K watts or so of power.

Edited by truckaudioman

1500 including batteries. You got to add up all your fuses too, that will get pricey.

I have 3 fuses on each of my batteries at $20 each it can add up. (one before the main battery, one before the kinetik, one between the battery and amp)

Edited by The727Kid

yeah, i usually just count them in the overall basic install price. Sure would be nice if I had time to learn to do this so I could do it myself. I dont know jack about cars and electronics really.

It's fairly simple to learn, I learned ALOT in a few months. Hit me up on AIM if you want to do it your self I'll help ya.

Shawn gave me some good advice on the batteries. Going with Mega Crank batteries, simple yellow tops. Gonna put 5 in my truck, 4 in the back and one under the hood.

Damn, been a while since I looked into Kinetik prices, they droped alot!

Actually, they went up A LOT. Even dealer price.

I remember when I got my HC2400s for $160.

nG

Last time I checked on Ebay you could touch them for under $300, that was in like January.

Edited by The727Kid

Sign in to follow this