Sign in to follow this  
eclipsesw12

MAW 15 or mj 18

ok i am looking at a MAw 15 or a mj 18 i have a chevy silverado ext cab with the back seat out and i dont think room is much of an issue, so what im asking is for some info on each of these subs like comparisons in sq spl and deep bass, i can make the box either ported or sealed and could give either one the rms power thanks in advance :fing34:

Edited by eclipsesw12

ok i am looking at a MAw 15 or a mj 18 i have a chevy silverado ext cab with the back seat out and i dont think room is much of an issue, so what im asking is for some info on each of these subs like comparisons in sq spl and deep bass, i can make the box either ported or sealed and could give either one the rms power thanks in advance

If you can provide adequate power and space for the mj-18 ported, Im sure you will have an obvious winner.

Although it seems as though you cant go wrong with either. The 15 will be easier to provide ideal conditions for( ex. you can wire it to 2 ohms, smaller box)

if it where me I would go with the MJ-18 just becuase of the deeper bass output and more cone area..

Edited by Justin3000

Both sound good, both go deep. The MJ will sweep more air so it can get louder at low frequencies. What amp(s) do you have?

The MAW line has a nature tendency to be louder then average, I personally really like the MJ-18. If you have space to port it and tune real low, I think you will have a very nice low end SQ monster. The issue for you is what amp do you have, the MJ's come in 4 ohm and 8 ohm SVC, so if your amp is 2 ohm mono optimized then the MAW-15 might be the better choice.

Both subs have been a big hit and have a strong following, if you can find something better for the same price I will be shocked to say the least. The MAW line I feel is more favored for the auto applications then the MJ, but that is not really an issue.

I think I answered this in the other section, but it depends on your amplifier first.

Ok I just merged the two topics.

I will vouch for the MJ, did any install in an SUV in 3.6cf sealed, with 400watts running it. Man does it sound incredible, the bass is so accurate even way down low. Even my father complimented on how great it sounds, if your into SQ but with some authority, go with the MJ.