Sign in to follow this  
mcbuggin

BTL 18 box

like it says want to build another box for my btl if someone could help with some tuneing and a 3rd dimention it would help thanks. Oh it would be a 1/2 wall can go 36X20X?(maybe 24 to 30 inches) external and would like to tune to 36hz feel free to PM me or answer here also there will be 6 in internal radius corners on the backside and matereal would be 1.25 in thick.

Thanks for any help

MC

Edited by mcbuggin

Ok I think that I'm close but here's what I have.

http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported...;Fs=&CE=1.5

the only differance is I want to put a 6" radius on the 3 outside corners of the box and the 1 side of the port how much will this change the box size and the tunning? I will also be making a plug for daily driveing. So just need to know if this should work or what I would need to change.

With a 6" radius, you loose approx 3" off the port length (about half the radius) so you can simply make the port 3" longer... or do it the other way around (word wise) and make your 6" radius, and then add your port board but make it 3" shorter than what is recommended.

Should get you really close. But you do have the little odd portion of the 4th wall being flat. Id probably do as above and see if you need to cut an inch off from there.

Thanks and have a good weekend,

Scott

With a 6" radius, you loose approx 3" off the port length (about half the radius) so you can simply make the port 3" longer... or do it the other way around (word wise) and make your 6" radius, and then add your port board but make it 3" shorter than what is recommended.

Should get you really close. But you do have the little odd portion of the 4th wall being flat. Id probably do as above and see if you need to cut an inch off from there.

Thanks and have a good weekend,

Scott

hey thanks that is what I was looking for. As I build this I'll try to get some pics up should be in the next week or two.

Sign in to follow this