Sign in to follow this  
Jybfan04

Scott and FI tech

for some strange reason my system hits the hardest when my box is angled like this in my trunk..

Less rattles and everything its almost as if my car pressurizes itself and it doesn't rattle or I just don't hear it..

:takepix:

FI_SSDs2.jpg

Also the sub doesn't touch anything for those who may be scared for the poor sub the wood actually keeps it about an 1" or more from touching anything..

Edited by Jybfan04

corner loading most likely

the pressure that builds in the corner could be acting on the mechanical movement of the sub...

How much space do you have around the enclosure for the sound to get into the cabin when the box is pushed back? I can see better air flow and loading on the subs (as mentioned). I have seen a few people make their enclosures VERY tight to the space available and tucked up under the rear deck. This seals things off to an extrenet and allows for very little sound to get around the box or into the cabin. Pulling the box back loads things differently as well as creates a better path for sound to get around.

Im sure before its loud in the trunk, but the point is to get that into the interior... not just have a slamming trunk.

Not the most convenient location, but it seems to work for your application.

Thanks,

Scott

How much space do you have around the enclosure for the sound to get into the cabin when the box is pushed back? I can see better air flow and loading on the subs (as mentioned). I have seen a few people make their enclosures VERY tight to the space available and tucked up under the rear deck. This seals things off to an extrenet and allows for very little sound to get around the box or into the cabin. Pulling the box back loads things differently as well as creates a better path for sound to get around.

Im sure before its loud in the trunk, but the point is to get that into the interior... not just have a slamming trunk.

Not the most convenient location, but it seems to work for your application.

Thanks,

Scott

Yea im not one of those guys who build a system for people outside to hear it however with it being cornered like that it hits pretty darn hard inside don't even know what it sounds like outside the car. All I do know is that I can set alarms off.. :takepix: but I need some box recs from somebody.

Sign in to follow this