Sign in to follow this  
btchn1

Walling an s-10 blazer

Me and my brother have been working on a little project, thought you guys might like it...

First off, the equipment. Four FI 15 inch BL subs, fully loaded. Powered by four Ma Audio HK802SX amps

DSCF0765.jpgDSCF0767.jpg

Fi BL on the left, MTX RFL in the middle and his MA 12s from last season

DSCF0768.jpgDSCF0769.jpg

This is where it all goes

DSCF0755.jpgDSCF0759.jpgDSCF0760.jpg

Little sound deadner, Dynamat and elemental mental design stuff

DSCF0751.jpgDSCF0741.jpgDSCF0738.jpg

Rebuilt the door panels to look a little better and hold two 6 1/2 distinct audios

DSCF0747.jpg

My favorite thing...custom ANL fuse holder

DSCF0761.jpg

Got a little more done today but didn't take any pics yet. I will keep ya all updated the best I can and we are open to any suggestions.

Lee

man, I'm really enjoying all of these build logs all of a sudden. Keep up the good work.

PS- take care of your ear drums! You only get one pair!! :)

This should be a fun one. Tell us how the BL's stack up against the Real Fu*king Loud subs.

To tell you the truth, I have never heard the RFL. I bought it without much research, now its only being used for size comparisons on other subs. I hope to power it up some day, or just sell it, which ever comes first. I will let you know how it compares to my brother's old install.....

RX7wiring.jpgRX7amps.jpg

This was in a 79 RX-7 with a best of 153.2, if I remember right. We are shooting for 160 with the blazer. I hope we get it or he says I'm fired. LOL

Got a few things done in the last two days, but not as much as we would have liked... We got the four runs of 0 gauge ran, most of the box built (we ran out of MDF), and the headliner back in.

Finished fuse holder

DSCF0774.jpg

Box from the inside, about 20 cubic feet after double walling the inside before sub and port displacement

DSCF0773.jpgDSCF0772.jpg

Box from the back, and you can see the four runs of power wire on the right. We are having a hard time planning the install of the four amps and four batteries in the back, but I think we got it.

DSCF0771.jpg

Hoping to get one of the three faces done tommorrow to give the box a total feel. I would like to get a good start on the back part but we will see.

looks good, cant wait to see it finished. what are you running the MA's at, and what kinda electrical? ive got 4 hk4000d's...

The subs are dual one ohm. So 1/2 ohm for burping but I would assume with a slightly higher than that resistance on the voice coils and box rise it will probably be around 1 ohm. We are putting in four group 31 optimas with the four runs of 0 gauge power and 0 gauge ground bolted to the frame. One more group 31 up front with a 250-300 amp alt in the near future. He ran three of them last year at one ohm off two red tops and one stinger 1700 with only one run of four gauge and a stock 60 amp alt. If it was on a charger the night before the comp, the amps would drop down to a little over 11 volts on a burp and around 9 volts playing music for drive by in MECA. They are really hungery amps but so far they are bullet proof and 100% reliable. Lee

Lookin good......don't let him fire you!!!!

J

Been really busy lately. With the weather and again nothing showing up on time still put the build farther and farther behind. We did get a little accomplished this weekend, till we ran out of carpet and wood.

Got the wall finished and the almighty FIs mounted.

DSCF0041.jpg

Started on the battery/amp rack. Got two more batteries and three more amps to get in there.

DSCF0044.jpg

kick ass! Keep the pics comming

:+1:

D@mmmmmmmmmmmmmm :fing34:

ill post my 4 -15" setup as soon as i get buckett seats... mine is in a 1988 Ford F-150 x-cab

4-15.jpg

Edited by Lord Baccus

We kicked a little ass yesturday and got the amp rack half done and all the wiring done.

This is what it will end up looking like except with carpet

DSCF0051.jpg

Another home made fuse panel, not quite as fancy as the other one, but still effective

DSCF0052.jpg

Here is all the wiring before it all gets hidden

DSCF0053.jpg

Half way there at midnight, finishing up today with a comp coming this sunday

DSCF0054.jpg

I will try and get the rest of the pics up tonight and some show results up Monday or Tuesday.

Got it done today!!!!!

Finished amp rack

DSCF0058.jpg

DSCF0057.jpg

Turned out pretty cool but we are not getting the numbers we wanted. Not completely done yet, still need a high output alt. I will post his score after the show on Sunday. If anyone reading this is interested, the show is in Mandan ND. Thanks for looking, Lee

Optima's have gone up drastically, so we said screw em and we went with the orbitals from Napa. They say they will discharge 1000 amps for 5 seconds. All of this got my brother a 154.1 this weekend in the mod 2001-4000 class getting him a first place. We have a few more things to do and hopefully get his numbers up a little. Lee

Very nice work!

how much did they go up? i paid 205 maybe? shipped for my 31 from ebay brand new. my buddy works at napa and he has the same bat. havent had any problems with it.

Red tops are now $170, Yellow tops are now $200, and Group 31's are around $250. The orbitals were 180, but they sold them to us for $165. I remember buying my first red top when they were first coming out many years ago for around $160. I guess they got bought out by some company that wants to make Billions per year instead of Millions. Greedy bastards! Oh, well

lookn great, i'm gonna have to build a wall soon......you guys are motivating me