Sign in to follow this  
mld4.2

BL 18 Box

Im designing my box now for my BL 18 and wanted to check something i read in the BL sticky for enclosures. For the ports, you need 12-16 in3 for each 1 ft3 the box is? So this means that the port would have the same volume or bigger than the whole box?

Heres my box idea before i read this post, It has a little over 1 ft3 ports due to the aero.

http://feat.putfile.com/profilepics/main/6...75120100648.jpg

I will post picks of the trunk and the denesions later to see if someone can help with a better design.

Yes, it can mean that your port does take up as much space or more for VERY small low tuned enclosures. This can be a problem for some very high excursio 10s. But since this is for a BL18, Im assuming you will be around 6 cuft or larger... in which case, there really is no way of doing that one. With (2)6X6 ports and assuming 7.5 cuft of space based off of your drawing, your ports can be about 15-16" long to tune you to 35Hz. Or if you wanted to you could do a single 2.5" X 46.5" port the full width that is 17" long to tune you to 35 Hz as well.

Thanks,

Scott

thanks for the info. I couldnt use the 2.5 X 46.5 X 17 port because i wouldnt have room then to put in the sub, the port would hit it. I need the port on the top because it will be blowing into the backs of the seats. well it does have about 2 feet of clearance from the back seats but everywhere else i would put the port would be really close to the side of the trunk.

I forgot my camera to take pictures of the trunk, but ill get them on here for some suggestions soon, before i start on the box.

Gotcha... Now I see how it is oriented (sorry, it was still early ;) )

You should be good with the setup you have going. Please post pics or any other questions you might have.

Thanks,

Scott

Sign in to follow this