Sign in to follow this  
Godsmack

Firebird box

I wanna do 2 15" subs (read Fi BL's) :takepix: In the back of an 1990 Formula.........think it can be done without having a sealed box or a wall and still having a backseat??

God I hope so.

J

i would first find out how much space you have...then you should be able to get a better answer. otherwise, unless one of the guys on here owns the same car we have no numbers to work with.

but if you can dream it, you can do it...to an extent atleast lol. if its going to be realy close i would do a lot of preparation...perhaps build model subs?

img1543qz7.jpg

:OhYeah: LOL

Not a bad idea on the model of the sub.........problem is time.........the install and design etc is gonna be done within 24 hrs........48 at max........I got a REAL limited timetable.

J

I used to have 1990 Firebird formula so i am a little familiar with the "trunk area".

It could be possible but your gonna have to get pretty creative. Maybe fiberglass the "cargo hold" to get the most air space from it.

Heres something I just threw together I don't recall the dimensions of the area so you might have to reposition some things or add more ports.

Also I'm not to sure about using the "cargo hold" as it might be a dead spot for the air flow.

Firebird.jpg

Your gonna have to take your back seats out or take out all the interor pieces in the back hatch and fiberglass that whole area, the cargo area wont have enough airspace for 2 15s.

corey is correct..not achance in hell to port a pair of 15s in that trunk. i'd wager not enough to really run a pair sealed. i've built a few boxes for those cars, and none of them hold 15s.

i did do a ported ten box, for a pair of cvx 10s. later modified it for a pair of sony 12s. it kicks ass, lol. but that's about as big as your going to get.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Yeah I had to build a wall in my firebird to have enough room for a RE MT 15.

fudge!!!!

I don't want a wall!!!!!

I'mma have to be creative.

And I have seen 2 sealed 15's in there before (keep in mind kicker CVR's)

I'mma have to real imaginative.......it just may mean backseater's have magnets by their heads ot something.

J

Sign in to follow this