Sign in to follow this  
Audio Junkies

Whatever happened to those sexy drivers?

Someone posted up some macro pics of these absolutely beautiful drivers a while back. I think it might have been NDMStang, but I'm not sure. I think they were posted on this forum so that is why I am posting this here.

It was a smaller (6"?) driver with a carbon fiber cone and chrome phase plug. I remember reading something about them being produced, but I never saw anythng about them again.

Anyone know what I am talking about or have I had too many drinks on Cinco de Mayo?

Are you thinking about the Ology Audio ones posted a while back? Wasn't Nick's project, guy named Dylan was in charge of that.

I'd post more but I don't want to seem unprofessional...:)

Are you thinking about the Ology Audio ones posted a while back? Wasn't Nick's project, guy named Dylan was in charge of that.

I'd post more but I don't want to seem unprofessional...:)

I found a pic of their mid and that wasn't the one I am thinking of. Damn, I'm going to go crazy looking for this thing now.

i remember the yellow cone ones, i was speaking to the bloke but i don think they ever made it into production

i cant remember who it was as a load of my pm's have ben deleted

I think it was these...

For some reason I was thinking they had yellow kevlar cones.

they did i rmember them quite well

Yup, those are the ones if Lukas has the pictures right.

They won't be available individually though; you'll have to buy a full Exodus kit. Might be worth it though: the Exodus kits I have used have always been stellar.

They won't be available individually though; you'll have to buy a full Exodus kit. Might be worth it though: the Exodus kits I have used have always been stellar.

Yup, those are the new Exodus drivers. My amplifier wants to make sweet love to them.

Yup, those are the new Exodus drivers. My amplifier wants to make sweet love to them.

I am guessing (this is total speculation, by the way) that CSS (www.creativesound.ca) might have a similar offering in the not-too-distant future. I know Bob at CSS wants to offer kits based off of drivers that are entirely his; he won't be offering anything Exodus, so that rules out this driver; he won't be offering the Extremis (for obvious reasons); that really only leaves one alternative, and I think that's Bob sourcing his own long throw 6.5" drivers, though I think they'll be more intended for low midbass performance, based on a couple of conversations.

Anyways, I think if we badger Kevin enough he might be willing to offer the EX-6.5 separately in the future. Maybe send an email every single day? Haha. I remember reading some information about the new tweeter he's working on that sounds interesting as well.