Sign in to follow this  
bjboertje

dd z1 or saz-3000d

i am in the market for an amp to power my tc-5200. the two i can not decide between are the z1 and the 3000d. will the 3000d put out comparable power to the z1? they are both rated 3000 rms at 1 ohm, and i know the z1 is very underrated. what are your opinions? i know this is the sundown forum, so your opinions may be biased but i figure you know more about the 3000d since it isn't even out yet.

After seeing Snoop's Z1 fail during '06 dBDrag finals (and hearing about the failure reports over on Soundpressure), I wouldn't be too confident about the Z1.

If Zenon comes through with the 3000d like they did with the SAZ-1500D, you're getting a superior amp.

the z1 will do 4400+ watts @ .35 ohm on 1 12 volt battery

but can't say anything about sundown 3000 because I don't have them yet (as I kick dirt)

but i have owned 2 z1's in my crx with my best being 154.? with zero testing i just slapped it in and went to a show. then i sold it all. I can't wait for the 3000's to come out hint hint jacob

it would be nice to have matching amps. what happened to snoops z1? i wouldn't be running them at crazily low impeadances.

1 ohm is not crazy low. that is the lowest i would run it. on the 5200 it would be 1.5 ish nominal. it does good power at that ohmage, right? like 2500 rms?

I have tested a z1 and loved it, they do crazy numbers well over their rated 3000 watts rms, but getting one from DD and getting one repaired are the hard parts.

I know a guy that waited 6-7 months for repair on his Z1, that kind of turned me off of them, although I have owned them before and they are great amps, but DD's customer service is absolutely horrible, especially when something goes wrong.

Their secretary is absolutely rude and unhelpful, she told me I had to call back because she was too busy to take my order.......

I know a guy that waited 6-7 months for repair on his Z1, that kind of turned me off of them, although I have owned them before and they are great amps, but DD's customer service is absolutely horrible, especially when something goes wrong.

Their secretary is absolutely rude and unhelpful, she told me I had to call back because she was too busy to take my order.......

hahaha going threw the same crap right now!

hahaha going threw the same crap right now!

A local shop here is a DD dealer, and he got the same response from her, and he places $10k-$15k orders. Bad business right there, if it wasn't for DB Drag, they would never survive.

That's why I'm glad Jacob is awesome to deal with.

Edited by stratusrt01

Don't deal with her, get someone else. Heh.. They poke fun at her on the DD forums. I love Sundown and Jacob is top notch to deal with but I would love to own a pair of Z1a's. They had a rough patch there with the amps for a bit but its all pretty much worked itself out. Besides her though, everyone else I've dealt with at DD has been great. Sundown has the cosmetic advantage for sure though. The other DD amps that looked like the SAZ/SAX series were much better looking.

Edited by Fixxer

Don't deal with her, get someone else. Heh.. They poke fun at her on the DD forums. I love Sundown and Jacob is top notch to deal with but I would love to own a pair of Z1a's. They had a rough patch there with the amps for a bit but its all pretty much worked itself out. Besides her though, everyone else I've dealt with at DD has been great. Sundown has the cosmetic advantage for sure though. The other DD amps that looked like the SAZ/SAX series were much better looking.

Like my older DD m1 they have yet to send me an RA # for... LOL

Sign in to follow this