Sign in to follow this  
Icecold

1 SSD15 enough beat?

Call me a n00b or whatever it is internet geeks are saying these days, but somebody help me out. I drive a 2000 Land Rover Discovery and I'm looking to get some beat in the trunk. It's a daily driver, so it's not for comps. I'm wondering if 1 SSD15 is a good choice. I'd get two, but, military man+2 kids= small budget for car audio. I can afford 1 SSD15, but is that the best choice? Suggestions?

BTW: Don't suggest other brands, I only want Fi. So it's Fi or nothing.

I like the SSD a lot. If you want the most out of it, get the BP option to take more power, and get a solid 750 - 1000 watt amp and port and tune it nice and low (32-34hz).

What kind of amp you have to power your subs ?

Somebody suggested I use a hifonics 1206 amp. I don't know much about car audio, but I'm trying to get into it. I heard this is a good amp for the SSD15. Suggestions? I'm not trying to spend too much money...

I wouldn't recommend it.

If the Sundown SAE-1000D amp is in your budget, I'd take a look at that (it's $400 MSRP).

Edited by Big E

Ok so back to his original question of wether the SSD has a enough beat. I am also wondering if it does since im thinking about gettiting 2 12"s. I dont want to spend $250 more for BL's if the SSD's will do the job. Plus spending another $3-400 on better amps.

Edited by J.C

For me nope,for you idk.You have to ask yourself,what kind of music will I most listen to.Do I need more than 1 sub to satisfy my bass needs?How much power is needed,how many amps, how much room am I willing to sacrifice?And budget,but more than likely you'll be satisfiyed w/1 for awhile till you get used to it.So I say start slow an see were you are with it, then ask yourself again after a month or so.Just my .02

In all honesty Earthman touched on it

the most important question is "Will it be enough for you"

I got my system and at first i had only 500 watts per sub and it wasn't enough so i upgraded my amps to 1k a piece Now i gotta upgrade my subs to "Q"s to be able to open the amps without worrying about damage....

If you not gonna over 800 RMS then the SSD would suit the bill.... If you know you'll get hungry for more get a Q and you'll have more then enough room to upgrade...

In all honesty Earthman touched on it

the most important question is "Will it be enough for you"

I got my system and at first i had only 500 watts per sub and it wasn't enough so i upgraded my amps to 1k a piece Now i gotta upgrade my subs to "Q"s to be able to open the amps without worrying about damage....

If you not gonna over 800 RMS then the SSD would suit the bill.... If you know you'll get hungry for more get a Q and you'll have more then enough room to upgrade...

The thing is that I'm not a audiophile. If I get something that satisfies me, then I'm good for a while. I had my last subs/amp set up in my previous car for 2 years and I never worried about upgrading. Is it smart to just buy 1 15" sub over trying to buy 2 lesser 12" subs? I'm on a strict budget...

Excuse my "n00bish" questions...I don't have a clue...about any of this...

In your scenario

If you have under 1000 watts for the sub

go with the 1 15" SSD

If you have about 1000 watts for the sub

go with the 1 15" SSD w/Flatwind

If you have about 1300 watts for the sub

go with the 1 15" SSD w/Flatwind and BP option

if you have more than 1000 watts less then 1300 watts get a 15" Q

Got about 1500 watts get the 15" Q with BP option

1 sub set-ups can really rock and save some cash......

Edited by theabunai

Sign in to follow this