Sign in to follow this  
Caldapal08

BMs

A dual 10" SI BM set up in a sealed box would be easily comparable if not better in SQ than two w6's, correct? I'm considering my next setup, even though i just got my SSD's in. haah never happy, althought currently, im extremely happy with the Fi's but ya gotta switch things up.

Edited by Caldapal08

To be honest, the BM's wouldn't be my first choice if I was going sealed...and I'd prefer the W6v2 (assuming you mean the v2 here) ever so slightly over the BMs, regardless of the enclosure.

The price differential might be a factor in your decision, though.

Agreed. If you insist on sealed, they will work quite well, but it is not an optimum performer in acoustic suspension.

What's everyone's opion on the OP replacing the SSDs with BMs? I'm currently considering both these subs in a sealed enclosure for my new ride. I have a Mag in my other car so, I definetly want to consider the BM, but can't stop looking at the price of a SSD.

Edited by king alpha

Like I said before...I wouldn't recommend it.

Like Jim and others have stated, sealed enclosures are not the BM's forte'. They perform very well in ported boxes, but the 12's don't really shine in sealed boxes. The 10's perform better sealed b/c they're usually placed in smaller vehicles (like trucks), but the 12's ported v sealed it's ported every time.