Sign in to follow this  
Audio Junkies

Home Entertainment Show 2007 Pics

Got all of the pics up from HES this past weekend. Some absolutely insane setups there.

The biggest surprise of the show in my eyes were the Silverline Minuets that cost $600 per pair. If I didn't have my Maggies at home I would have bought a pair on the spot. I'm usually not a big fan of bookshelf speakers, but the Minuets were just stunning in every way.

lrg-2102-day1a-131.jpg

Tons of over the top and uber expensive eye candy as well. Finally got to hear the Cabasse La Sphere's in person as well. Nothing like dropping $150,000 on speakers... :fing34:

Oh and Jim, more tube amps than I have ever seen in my life. The Wilson room was pitch black except for the tubes glowing, it was absolutely beautiful.

hes11.jpg

hes2.jpg

hes3.jpg

hes4.jpg

I think there are about 400 pictures total, so plan on taking some time to go through all of them. I'll have more detailed write-ups about the different rooms as the week goes on. We also stopped by Grado Headphones in Brooklyn and took a tour, so expect that up soon as well. John Grado's personal line-array speakers using 32 headphone drivers each were badass.

grado-1.jpg

Wow some of that looks unreal.

Cool stuff :)

Wilsons on tubes...now that'd be something to hear.

Dude, get the Grado stuff up asap. Would be nice to see how the operation is going there now that they're also working on the Allessandro products.

That chick looks like she is holding the world's most uncomfortable cans. eek...

BTW Lukas, everytime I check your site I kick myself for not checking more often. Good thing you've got going on and I look forward to the improvements you have in mind.

Dude, get the Grado stuff up asap. Would be nice to see how the operation is going there now that they're also working on the Allessandro products.

That chick looks like she is holding the world's most uncomfortable cans. eek...

BTW Lukas, everytime I check your site I kick myself for not checking more often. Good thing you've got going on and I look forward to the improvements you have in mind.

I'm holding off on the Grado tour pics just because I don't want it to get knocked back and looked over because of all the HES stuff. I've got pictures of some prototypes that I don't think have ever been seen publicly before, very cool stuff. Thanks for the compliments on the site as well, we've got a ton of stuff in the works.

I'm working on a tour of TC Sounds next week too. :fing34:

The cans that the chick is holding had the earpads removed. They actually weren't too bad, but after listening to Grado's the day before...

Jim- the Wilsons on tubes were straight up ear sex. I'm a huge Wilson fan, but that was the first time I have heard them on tube power.

If only Grado made a comfortable set with great bottom end. :(

Looking forward to more.

The Grado pics are up and I'll have pics up later this week from my TC Sounds tour yesterday.

TC Sounds has some just downright badass home audio stuff in the works, I was drooling like crazy. I'll be back out there in July to get more pictures and demo the finished product.

I remember the pics Elias posted a while back, Thilo had a nice pair of 300B triode monoblocks at the time. Didn't say what kind of speakers they were being used with though...