Sign in to follow this  
yjbliz

bl or btl in suv

Hi everyone ok here goes I have a 99 tahoe ,the sub system in the truck now is an mmats D3500.5 -pushing 3 mmats procast 15 in a 9cuft ported box. I was thinking of going to 2 18 btl fully loaded/daily but not sure if the amp has what it takes to push the 2 18's. Oh I have 2 kenetick 1800( I hope thats how you spell it) and 265amp alt. I was thinking of getting another kenetick 2400 and D3500.5 if needed. any thoughts on the topic

Well you don't have enough power for a pair of BTL's, that amp is rated to do 2700 watts at .5ohm...and in all honestly i wouldn't run the amp that hard. (Lowest i would go would be with our dual 1ohm coils, that have a dcr at .7 ohms)

Depending on how much room you have to give up (and tastes on is this street geared or geared for spl numbers?) you may want to entertain the idea of a pair of Q's with the BP power option, or possibly a pair of BL's with the cooling option. If its more of a daily street beater IMO its the best way to go, instead of investing more money in more batteries and another amp just to run the BTL's.

I'm not very familiar with the pro cast subs from Mmats, how do you like those? Or are you just looking for a change of pace?

Thanks!

-Nick

Well you don't have enough power for a pair of BTL's, that amp is rated to do 2700 watts at .5ohm...and in all honestly i wouldn't run the amp that hard. (Lowest i would go would be with our dual 1ohm coils, that have a dcr at .7 ohms)

Depending on how much room you have to give up (and tastes on is this street geared or geared for spl numbers?) you may want to entertain the idea of a pair of Q's with the BP power option, or possibly a pair of BL's with the cooling option. If its more of a daily street beater IMO its the best way to go, instead of investing more money in more batteries and another amp just to run the BTL's.

I'm not very familiar with the pro cast subs from Mmats, how do you like those? Or are you just looking for a change of pace?

Thanks!

-Nick

I tend to be the type of person who will push it to the limit at a show, so that being said my thoughts were to get the duel 2ohm and run each one at 1ohm thats around 1900wrms on the 3500 i think ,as far as room i would like to keep some trunk space but willing to sacrafice and yea its daily street beater but i dont like second place at the local shows i would say 70/30 SPL/SQ as for the mmats not bad but tend to sound (i dont know if im saying this right) flat or tight as if there asking for more power then when you give them more power fried chicken smell for days in the truck

Sign in to follow this