Sign in to follow this  
NB50

Using 2 head units

Well I really like my current head unit which is a Pioneer 880PRS but I kinda would like to add navigation and DVD capabilities. So I started to think on how I could do it suggestions would be appreciated.

I would like to keep the 880 as the primary unit and the nav as the secondary.

My current idea is to add a Avic n3 and hook up the audio through an auxiliary adapter something like this http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/p...0_35681,00.html

Help is appreciated. :thanx:

Edited by bromo

Would work well.

I use my Alpine 9835 (use it as the main unit, it processes my audio signal with full 3way active capability), and then use a Pioneer Premier P8DVD as a secondary DVD/Flipout Screen unit via the aux in on the Alpine...

Works great.

nG

This is actually what I have been considering as well. I have a CarPC now and I use that exact Aux adapter for the PC. I use my Pioneer 860 as the main unit, but when I want the PCs sound, I just push AUX and there you go. I wasn't aware I could do it the same way with a second headunit though.

I figured it would work.

ngsm13 How do you like the P8DVD. I was thinking of getting that unit but figured if i was going to do it i would go with navigation too plus i started looking around for the unit and it looks like its hard to find.

I guess i forgot a question and that is how would the stock wiring harness hold up against two head units.

1. Should I run a power and ground and do some kind of distribution center under the passenger side dash.

Im looking at the installation manual right now and it looks like all i need to worry about is Power, Ground, and Accessory turn on wires to get power to the unit.

2. Am I missing any other wires that I need to worry about that are under the dash that the other head unit already uses.

Might have to find out if SSA is going to carry the N3 :OhYeah: .

Thanks again for the Help.