has anyone ever heard these midranges befor from morel. if so anyone give me a mini review or somehting pelase?

I've heard a couple of Morel mids... all of them are nothing short of awesome.

well, these mw144's that you speak of are made by the imposter morel. morel acoustics is not a good company. the real morel is in isreal and the one in the us started after one of the cousins of the owner ran to america with all the designs from the company and made them cheaper and slightly different. subsuquently the quality suffered and if you look at both companies you will notice very similar things. if you go to www.morelhifi.com there is a warning on the very first page that tells you about this company. they are not the u.s. division of morel. they sell knock-offs of the real morel equipment. i hope this helps clear things up.

The statement about Morel is not quite accurate.

Morel is from Israel, and for 20+ years the product was distributed in the US by a great gentleman in Brookline, Mass, who is a friend of mine and who was, unfortunately, a friend of the principal of Morel.

For some reason, a disagreement occurred between the two parties about 2 years ago after a 20+ year relationship which stopped the distribution from Brookline.

Morel Israel is now distributed in the US by another firm designated as the Morel US arm.

Morel products are exceptional products. Many of the Dynaudio products are licensed from Morel.

As with all drivers, they must be handled properly, and for car stereo applications proper crossover networks are absolutely essential. Due to expected high SPL's car stereo persons want and due to extreme volatge fluctuations in the car's electrical system, networks become essential to ensure that the driver is well-protected.

The Free Air Resonance (Fs) of some Morel drivers is too low for the drivers to be used in free air. So, they must be in a properly designed enclosure.

Look for drivers with a QTs of about .45-.50, and you should not need enclosures.

Another very important aspect of dealing with car stereo drivers is NOT to solder leads to the drivers. The heat of the soldering will follow along the VC leads to the cone, and this will damage the point of attachment at the cone reducing the driver's useful life.

Use good quality, properly-sized push-on connectors only.

I will shortly post a list of available Morel drivers at great prices.

ok, so this guy in brookline...does he still have anything to do with morel? who took over making the knock off stuff? because i think that might be one of the cousins of the isreal owner. either way, the only true morel distributor in the us is in philly, pa. if anyone wants to call up kevin campbell(the u.s. sales and marketing director) he will be more than happy to set you straight. 1-800-morel14. and where is this mw144 driver made? i'd bet my supremos that it's not in isreal :D

You are correct about Kevin Campbell.

The Brookline, MA, distributor is www.morelusa.com. I do not know where their drivers are made. Their phone is 617 277-6663 fax is 617 277-2415

I believe all Morel drivers are made in Israel.

They are both very good quality products.

If I can help with product, please advise.

regards