Sign in to follow this  
Mathman

Price for upgraded electrical

If you read my other posts, you pretty much know what I want. I am doing a blowthrough in the bed of my truck. To save some room, I am debating on doing either 2 15" BTL's or 4 12" subs. I know no matter what I do I am gonna need an upgrade electrical wise. I have already decided on a 300 amp alt no matter what I do (wanting to be extra safe) and big 3. Here is where the question kicks in. If I do 4 12" BTL's, how much more ($$$$ wise) would this costs in upgrades (batteries, etc) than if I did say 4 12" Q's/BL's or 2 15" BTL's????

Also, SORRY 4 BEING A PAIN, but does anyone know if Hifonics amps are good, mainly looking at the Brutus at the moment. Not bad price, but not to familiar with how great their products are. Only real amps I am familiar with are Kicker and RF. Brutus is 2600 watts, so 2 of these would be pretty nice if I go with 2 15" BTL's, depending on how much electrical upgrades will end up costing.

Edited by Mathman

I actually wouldn't use a brutus on a btl.

They are good budget amps. But the BTL deserves something more

Also, you question has many different variables. So I am unable to answer it completely.

As someone who runs a Brutus, i would say avoid them. The are not worth the hassle, i wish that i would have saved my money and gotten something better quality. You get what you pay for, with these. And its a gamble if the amp will work properly, my first one was bad, my friend had a bad one too. out of 5 bxi's weve had 2 were bad, one of his is still actin squrriley too. All in all i would save your money, unless you go with a higher Hifonics line.

Wes

I would just make sure you upgrade to the fullest extent you can, adding as many runs of 1/0 and spare batteries as possible-regardless of which one you went with.

I've owned 2 bxi2006ds, and was happy with both of them. But as stated-you get what you pay for. They held up well, never malfunctioned, and pushed the BTL OK, but if you put a better amp on there you'll be thankful you did. After upgrading amps the difference was amazing. I'd save to get something bigger/better.

Sign in to follow this