Sign in to follow this  
tC_skier

DE-1000 Help Needed ASAP: Real World/Official Specs?

I bought a DE-1000 (notice: not 1000-DE) to power a TC Sounds 10" OEM. I was under the impression that the amp put out 1000 watts at 2ohms, cause that's what the US Amps site lists it at. However, I spoke with Greg at US Amps a few minutes ago and he claimed that it did 700x1@2ohms 1000x1@1ohm. He did not state that the US Amps site was wrong, but just said that's what it did.

The US Amps site lists the DE-1000 stable down to 1.5 ohms. It rates it for 1000x1@2ohms. According to Amp Guts, the 1000-DE is rated at 700x1@2 ohms, and 1000x1@1 ohm. So what does it really put out? Was Greg simply confused between the two? (I did call back and ask him about the 1000-DE vs. the DE-1000....he claimed that they put out the exact same power though, and that they're very similar...) Or does it really only put out 700x1@2 ohms? Need answers ASAP. Thanks.

I bought a DE-1000 (notice: not 1000-DE) to power a TC Sounds 10" OEM. I was under the impression that the amp put out 1000 watts at 2ohms, cause that's what the US Amps site lists it at. However, I spoke with Greg at US Amps a few minutes ago and he claimed that it did 700x1@2ohms 1000x1@1ohm. He did not state that the US Amps site was wrong, but just said that's what it did.

The US Amps site lists the DE-1000 stable down to 1.5 ohms. It rates it for 1000x1@2ohms. According to Amp Guts, the 1000-DE is rated at 700x1@2 ohms, and 1000x1@1 ohm. So what does it really put out? Was Greg simply confused between the two? (I did call back and ask him about the 1000-DE vs. the DE-1000....he claimed that they put out the exact same power though, and that they're very similar...) Or does it really only put out 700x1@2 ohms? Need answers ASAP. Thanks.

umm i would go with Greg on this one and if something happens its his fault? lol jk greg :P

maybe he can chime in up on here.

edit: for now, i would go with the usamps website for the DE 1000 (not 1000DE) because i see:

2 Ohm Recommended Load

thats exactly what i saw too...which is why im confused. ill go with them for now i guess then.

aghhh. i just looked at my amp. same exact one as the DE-1000 that's on the ROE Amp Gut Pages.....it says 1-ohm stable on the side of my amp!????? im so confused......

Thier are a few different versions of older USA and newer AX 1000DE's, many were moded for specific uses