Sign in to follow this  
Casey1217

JBL Speakers

I just bought a pair of JBL P650C Components and im not sure if i hooked them up right , they play but when i get to about half volume they distort some

Not exactly related to Fi....

Picture of how you have the crossovers hooked up... and what are you powering them with.

Are you running them off head unit power?

Maybe a moderator could move this to the correct section, too :)

i have the crossovers wired right and off the aftermarket deck but im not sure on the wiring going through my doors and into speaker cause it changes wiring but im not sure if i just put the negative and positive different

Head unit power...first problem right there.

What you're hearing is a lack of dynamic range, you simply don't have enough undistorted power to get as loud as you want. Get an external amp capable of 50-100W per channel and you'll noticed a night and day difference.

Swapping the negative & postive will just put those speakers 180 degrees out of phase with the others, or if you do it to both crossovers, you have just done nothing.

i have a cadence tx thats 75 at 2 channel and im hooking it up saturday but i hooked them up right now for the time being cause i dont have the stuff for running my amp yet but thanks