Sign in to follow this  
Qbenjamin

Please, I need a box design for 2 12" Q's.

My sub sounds like ass in the box that I currently have it in. Waaaay too much port noise! I am only running a single sub right now, but I will have two Q's pretty soon. I am in desperate need of a box design to fit my needs, my parameters are as follows:

(Max Dimensions Given)

Depth - 15"

Height - 16"

Width - 34"

I need the box tuned to about 32HZ. I would like to keep the chambers separate, as it might be a while before I buy the other sub. I would like to hear what the first sub sounds like before spending more money on another 1. All help would be appreciated. You can PM me on caraudio.com under Qbenjamin.

That is a pretty small box for (2) ported 12" subs.

Even with a 14.5 x 1.5 port (violates the 1:8 rule), the port needs to be 27" long for 32 Hz tuning with only 1.8 ft^3 per sub.

That leaves well below 1.8 ft^3 per chamber remaining. . . .

Even a box for (2) 12's with a single port ends up:

Say the port is 14.5 x 3, the port needs to be 25" long for 32 Hz tuning in 3.6 ft^3. That leaves less than 3 ft^3 net volume using the max dimensions listed above.

You may have to go with sealed. 27" x 16" x 15" would make a good sealed box for (2) 12 q's with a divider in the middle.

Brian

I agree with Brian on that one. You are definitely pushing the envelope with that space...

If you can do external aeroports you might be in better shape.

Thanks,

Scott

Thanx for the quick reply. I have decided to just get a 15" BTL and call it a day. I was looking at putting it in a box about 4 cubes. I don't know what to tune it to, as I like the bass to hit low and clean.

I also have new dimensions for the BTL

(W) 36"

(D) 14"

(H) 17"

LMK, thanx.

Sign in to follow this