mrray13

pics of box..

here is a few pics of a box i just finished for a explorer....the install pic is on another camera.....anyway, the amp was doa, so no beats yet.....however i did hook this up in my truck off my amp, giving them about 600 wrms, and while they aren't my 15's..they are indeed loud and very clean

oh yeah..they are in 1.75ft^3 apiece and the box has a fs of 38hz..well, according to mtx specs...so does that mean that it is tuned to 38hz?

anyway, it is my first time carpeting a box and i almost didn't have enuff, so in the process a nasty seam was created..but it faces the back seat, so it won't be seen ........

also...i charged $150 including materials,which came to $65 or so....too much or not enuff?? took 6 hours start to finish..lemme know

enjoy.....well, i hope...

post-7-1083696626_thumb.jpg

Edited by mrray13

from the back.......

post-7-1083696667_thumb.jpg

a few before subs......

post-7-1083696747_thumb.jpg

yep..u can catch a glimpse of da wifey in the above pic...and here is my boy by the finished pic......

post-7-1083696842_thumb.jpg

last post..hehe..i promise.....

the subs are 12" mtx(duh) 7500's..they will be pushed by a mtx 801d..

while the carpet ain't perfect, the box goes great with the explorer and hopefully i will get better at the carpet......

the box in the background above is for an x-cab s10 and will hold two 15" id spl's for now...i am on my way to finish it now...

quick pic of me spraying some glue..hehe...fumes?!?!?!

oh yeah.......

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

eeeeeeeeee :slayer:

post-7-1083697097_thumb.jpg

looks good, what is the face of the box made out of?

looks good, what is the face of the box made out of?

wood......... :thud: :blink: :boxin: :finger::+1: :boink:

hehe...for real, it's a pressed board (plywood like) with laminate on both sides, so the baffle is white inside and out. it's easier and about the same price (per size cut)as buying laminate seperate and gluing it to mdf...the sheet used in the pic came as a 16"x48" piece and cost $8.00 at Lowe's...all i had to do was cut it down to 15.5x42...tada!! instant white face...and it's just as strong (3/4" thick) as the mdf and is less porus.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Edited by mrray13

No such thing as too many pictures.

I like the look of the box and colour scheme. The MTX woofers look good in there.

I would say a melamine face.

Edited by Below 30

No such thing as too many pictures.

I like the look of the box and colour scheme. The MTX woofers look good in there.

I would say a melamine face.

thnx....the colors match the explorer just about perfectly...it's an eddie bauer edition...

melawhat???

hehe...

thnx again..

u too denim :finger:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Looks good man.

Nice choice of subs ;)

- Steve