Sign in to follow this  
SLICK

need help with new box

ok I am upgrading from a 10 Q in the cab to a 15 Q in the bed with a bed cover and a boot (uncertain what size)

i need some help with designing a box

height 17.5

width 40

depth 59

bump

i would like sub forward port forward but am open to recommendations

Edited by SLICK

are you doing just a blow through port? or do u want to be able to see the sub and port through the cab/bed? if i was going to cut through my bed and cab for a sub setup id make it count and do at least 2 15's. do you plan to add more subs? thats just my opinion though. i did a setup like that for a freind, he wanted to do 3 12's. at the time he only had one so we did it for one 12, he never got more subs and it just seems like it was more trouble than it was worth for 1 12. i think we got about 9 cuft width of the bed depth was from cab to the wheel wells and the height of the bed. it was an S-10 im not tryin to talk you out of this by any means. just plan it thoroughly, we kinda halfassed it. it could have been alot better. i would try just having the port blow through first, not as much metal to cut through, it was hard fiding a gasket large enuff for the hole we cut. we cut it out for the whole box.

i want it to tuned to 30 similar to the one DosOne has and yes i am planning on adding another 15 later

and if i can get plenty of sound with just a port blow through i really dont want to cut the whole front of the bed out

Do you want it set up for a pair of subs in that space... but with separate chambers so that you can run 1 sub for now?

Thanks,

Scott

yeah that would be perfect

How about 40" wide x 17.5" high x 29" deep. Use 3/4" material, and double up on the front baffle making it 1.5" thick.

Make a slot port on each side 3" wide x 16" tall. The port should extend to 3" from the back wall of the box.

Use a 3/4" piece in the center of the box for a divider.

That should make for 3.6 ft^3 net volume with 48" of port tuned to 32-33 Hz (each sub).

I tried to make the ports wider for more port area, but with only 40" of width, you run out of room for the subs.

40" - 6" (port width) - 1.5" (outside walls) = 32.5" remaining for the subs.

Brian

Sign in to follow this