philip

stuck on building new box for 10" bl

okay this port thing is killing me. so i don't want too many bends in my port if it's slotted but i need like a 45" port with a 1.5 cu ft box. sorry, 3x10 slot port. now if i use precision port or aero ports, what size do you guys recommend and how long? the reason why i want to rebuild... it's because i have a 2 cu ft box tuned to about 33-35 with 2x12" slot port. kinda want to stay in the recommended or little over. i feel that i'm getting too much port noise. anyone with any suggestions?

also, if i wanted to use the same setup i have now, would it be cool to add pieces of wood in my enclosure to raise my port tuning, say for spl?

Why not use a single 3" aero?

wouldn't that give me a port area of 7 sq inches? thanks for replying nd, thought no one was reading this thread. man, getting all frustrated over this stuff. feels like i gotta build the box around the port and it's starting to look huge for just a little 10.

wouldn't that give me a port area of 7 sq inches? thanks for replying nd, thought no one was reading this thread. man, getting all frustrated over this stuff. feels like i gotta build the box around the port and it's starting to look huge for just a little 10.

an aero port, even though a smaller surface area, is more effiicent then a slot port. i believe the proper term is laminar flow. having less overall surface throughout the port allows the air to move faster and smoother, with less air on the sides creating drag and slowing down air flow. thus one can use a smaller round port vs a slot port.

and if building slot ported boxes, at times you will indeed be building around the port. ask ///M5 how much box he has to end up with a total of .6ft^3 net @ 30hz for his rl-i 8. it's part of the passion and pasttime bro, lol.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

thanks guys for the insight. would two 3inch ones be too much? still gotta try and make it look cool even if it's only one 10.

You should only need one 3" aero...

2 would be too much :)

if nothing else, and your worried about the 3 port not being enough (though i'd take ndmustangs word for it, lol), go with a 4" aeroport. it'll be longer to maintain the same tuning, but would definitely be enough.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

thank you guys. reassuring to know i can ask questions and get informative answers.