Sign in to follow this  
tryatt

took delivery of my shiny new magnum!

its sitting in a 1.7cu ft box tuned to around 32hz

cant wait to wire it up tommorow morning!!!

how long do i have to wait till it beds in??

woohoo! im so excited :D

I believe Nick breaks in all the drivers during testing.

You should be good to boom! B)

I wouldn't shove a full 1000 watts to it (not a 1000 watt amp, I'm talking about actual power) upon its first signal, but after an hour or so of playing time it will be good-to-go. :)

I break all of the speakers in a little bit just to make sure they'll withstand the torture before they're shipped out. They're not totally broken in, but it's better than me not doing anything to them.

its only about 7-800w..

i've had a listen now, and its an impressive peice of equipment.. a little dissapointed with the dropping ability at the moment, but hopefully when it runs in a little more, it should be ok :)

a new box is on the way too :)

a little dissapointed with the dropping ability at the moment, but hopefully when it runs in a little more, it should be ok :)

If it's tuned to 32, don't expect much more below tuning frequency. A bigger box tuned lower would make a big difference. What's your new enclosure going to be like, both tuning and size?

no idea :)

its being designed by AMG designs.. as soon as i find out, i will let you know :)

i am impressed with how tight and accurate it is, and how seamlessly it blends with the frontstage.. :slayer:

Dude, as Nick said, that box is frightfully wrong. Whoever told you to go for THE box? The recommended is 2cubes tuned to 28hz.

You will not get the very best out of that woofer without giving it its right enclosure. Enclosures make or break subs, its a fact.

Lets hope those AMG people know what they are doing! :)

the box was never specifically designed for the magnum. its a temporary box for running the sub in while the new one is designed and built :)

i was actually told to try the sub in this box, and it is still a very impressive sub, it is as controlled and tight as a sealed! but still able to drop(although not as much as i'd like) i did have an SE12 in the same box, and it dropped like hell.

it works very well as an sq box, but for a bass-head box, it lacks a little low end :)

as for amg, here is the site http://members.lycos.co.uk/efmax/amg.htm , i have heard his own install, and spoke to many others who have had boxes built by him, and he is VERY respected over here when it comes to all things about enclosures

Edited by tryatt