kidred

Thinking of getting a 10" SSD but have questions

Hey everyone, hope eveyone still has some hearing left.

I think I'm leaning towards a single 10" SSD. I do not have the car yet and I do not have any amp, components, etc. I am just figuring out what I will go with so I can start gathering the pieces.

If I got the SSD 10, what exactly do all the options do? Copper wires, I read, were to extend the low end. THe BP was for more power handling? What is the flatwind? I know the D2 would make the amp run at 2ohm, so the D1 would require a 1ohm stable amp?

As for power, I was planning around 600w or so because I don't really want to upgrade the car's power. I hope 600w won't be too much draw for a Honda Civic. So, would 600w be enough for a SSD for SQ listening across all genres of music? I want loud, but reasonably loud, not spl loud. Any amp suggestions in the $400 or so area?

If 600w isn't enough, any suggestions on my next move?

For amps, would I be best served getting an A/B for fronts and a CLass D mono for the sub? Or getting a 4 channel and bridging the rear for the sub?

I am partial to sealed enclosures and have read a few posts claiming the Fi's like ported boxes. Is that poster preference or actual fact? I had planned on doing a fiberglass in the trunk corner, but if a ported box will be a huge difference, I may reconsider.

(also, any suggestions for a good matching component set 6.5" for the Fi? Maybe around the $300 area?)

First of all, Flatwind is a coil, made with flat wire instead of round wire, and it helps with heat. Meaning, more power handling.

Do you need it with 600 watts? Nahh. Need it with 1200rms... prolly so. So if you plan to upgrade to a bigger amp in the future this might be a good option.

But if you wanna stay with 600watts, get teh copper and let it bang.

Also if you get D2 coils, itll run at either 1 or 4ohms. D1 is .5 or 2ohms.

But goodluck on any route you choose. You really cant go wrong with any.

Thanks for the info. So I would need the D1 so I can run it 2 ohm? I got confused with a D4 running at 2 ohm which is what I have now (ARC Audio 10")

What are the thoughts about the Fi vs a TC-1000 or TC OEM10? Kinda stuck between all three. Looking for SQ.

Edited by Kid Red