Sign in to follow this  
profundus-sanus

btl questions

i've sent a couple of emails but have gotten no reply so i figured i'd just make a thread about it.

I'm going to need a recone for a loaded universal btl 12.

also i've heard a little bit about tinsel slap problems. If subsonics are kept under control is it really a problem?

Any possible performance difference between the d2 vs d1, amplification held aside? If not then d1 is my preference.

Edited by profundus-sanus

Lead "slap" isnt a problem, but the leads will hit and sandwhich between the cone and spider eventually wearing into the spiders if pushed hard on the bottom end. WHile the rub marks in the spiders dont look so wonderful, they dont pose a problem or failure mode at all. D2 is a slightly larger OD coil and could theoretically handle more power... on the reality side of things there really isnt any noticeable differences between the two.

Please try to email me again at Scott@FiCarAudio.com

Lead "slap" isnt a problem, but the leads will hit and sandwhich between the cone and spider eventually wearing into the spiders if pushed hard on the bottom end. WHile the rub marks in the spiders dont look so wonderful, they dont pose a problem or failure mode at all. D2 is a slightly larger OD coil and could theoretically handle more power... on the reality side of things there really isnt any noticeable differences between the two.

Scott do you watch Heroes ?

I wish i was the guy that could open headss and take over their ability (his name is sylar)..

I'd like to steal your power of knowledge on sub woofers..... :horse:

Please try to email me again at Scott@FiCarAudio.com

another question, would a non universal d1 sub and a universal d1 sub be able to work together?

would a universal sub be different enough from a non universal sub to not be able to work in a common chamber? Both loaded and the non universal is a d1.

If they won't then i'll just sell the one that would have lesser performance, regardless of how marginal.

theabunai... nope. I wish i had more time to sit in front of the tv and relax. Only show I have to watch is Lost. Other than that, I see some random cartoons from time to time with my 4 year old. Sounds like a nice skill to have though... Id trade out this speaker stuff for toilet paper roll manufacturing knowledge ;)

profundus-sanus.... provided all soft parts are the same (both standard coils or high xmax, same # and type of spiders) they will be fine together. I dont like using the SPL version for daily as the tolerences are tighter... especially not with the longer coil. There is a good possibility from coil rub.

Thanks,

Scott

Sign in to follow this