Sign in to follow this  
uglydimple12

Want to start on my first box build

Since my second Q is getting here tomorrow, I thought why dont I start working on the box like tomorrow or Saturday since I have nothing better to do on those days..

So I was hoping that there is someone around here that is an expert at box designs and cutout measurements could help me on making a design and measurements then I'll build it...

The box is going to be for 2 15 inch Fi Q's.. Ported.. I would like the subs firing upwards and port firing towards the hatch.. Also, I want it to be tuned at 32hz..

It will be going in my explorer.. so the max dimensions I got:

Height: 16 1/2 inches

Length: 41 1/2 inches

Width: This wont matter, I got plenty of room, but would like to have as much cargo space as possible

The port wont matter to me as long it doesnt look out of place or whatever.. I could work with PVC port..

I am going to use 3/4" MDF board and double baffle the side where the subs will be on..

Help would be very much appreciated, might try to work on getting some designs tonight and tomorrow then hopefully I can start the build on Saturday

Anyone? =(

You could build it 41.5" x 16.5" x 29.5". 3/4" material everywhere except the top, which would be 1.5" thick.

Have a port on each side of the rear face of the box 3.5" wide (the port would be 14.25" high x 3.5" wide). The port wall would extend into the box 25.25" (3.5" from the opposite wall).

That would be 7 ft^3 NET with 100 inches of port area tuned to 32-33 Hz.

dualq.jpg

I did not show, you should add bracing between the two drivers. It could even be a solid divider to make each driver in it's own chamber. . .

Brian

Edited by BKOLFO4

thanks man! appreciate it!

but got a question tho.. I m wondering if those measurements include the wood?

Can you give me the cut out measurements, that would be helpful.. Also you suggest me to put a divider there to give some bracing/support.. But should I completely divide the box? what difference would it make if there is a divider or none?

if you want i can modify this for you tomorrow morning. 3.5 cubes per side @ 31hz with 100 inches of port, depending on planned power, would be my suggestion.

upload-9.jpg

Sign in to follow this