Sign in to follow this  
camarospeed

Hifoncs 2006D, 5.5 cubic foot. What sub(s) fit my needs?

Hey. I am doing a 5.5 ported box in a hatch of my 1995 camaro, off of a hifonics 20006D, What Sub(s) would you recommend? I want the sub to hit the lows and be pretty loud. I was thinking a 18" BL. Tuned to 36-37. Or maybe 2 15" SSDs? Not sure if these subs will be suffocating in the box that is 5.5 without displacements.

5.5 is small for an 18...and WAY too small for 2x 15's.

15BTL would like 5.5...and you could always upgrade amps and get more output. If you go with BL's...you're about maxing out power and space.

Basically, what are your plans for the future?

I thought 5.5 would be plenty for an 18. They recommend a minimum of 5 cubes. i can probably get close to 6 cubes if i fiberglass into the well.

My plan is just a loud setup that hits low and loud.

5.5 is small for an 18...and WAY too small for 2x 15's.

15BTL would like 5.5...and you could always upgrade amps and get more output. If you go with BL's...you're about maxing out power and space.

Basically, what are your plans for the future?

The 5 cubes is NET after displacement. After port and sub you'll be closer to 4 cubes, unless you can fiberglass and get the 5 cubes net after displacement. I'd tune a little lower, 33-35 at the highest if it's for daily, and you are interested in the lows well.

One BL 18 in 5 cubes net would meet the minimum requirement. If you can't get that than 1 15 BL, or 2 12" ssds. If you can figure out a way to get the space for the 18" BL, get all the options and call it a day. There isn't enough space for 2 15" SSDs, but 2 12" SSDs would- and they'd have more displacement than 1 15.

It's just a matter of what you can really have the space for.

Loud and low...

2 BL 12's ported. With NO options.*

BL 12's look SICK!

*options increase power handling....and you're gonna need all you have.

Sign in to follow this