Sign in to follow this  
Snoxxy

New with Sundown Audio

Hey guys

I recently found out about sundown audio and everything I read so far is most impressive

I was wondering if any of you do active competitions with the Sundown amps. I am in he market for new amps and I need serious power because my 2 15"s will handle 6000+ watts easy for burps a piece and finding amps is not as easy as one would think.

I am trying to get a better picture of the capabilities of these amps. please inform me

Thanks

Phil

What flavor of 15s do you have,if you don't mind me asking?

There are quite a few SPL guys running Sundown, I'm sure someone will chime in shortly.

Hmmm... Snoxxy.

Sounds familiar.

I'm gonna take a stab that your the dude that got Pete Kulicki to design and build you a box.

TC3000s with accordion surround, yes?

I regret to say that I haven't tried one of Sundowns bigger amps, but I haven't heard a single bad thing about them.

I'm sure someone will give you a lil feedback on em.

If not, there are plenty of threads you can read that give you a little bit of info.

you cant go wrong with sundown. i have 2 1500's and plan on purchasing 3 more amps for another setup real soon.

Well from memory Rob Eldridge is doing a 158.x with 4- 1500Ds Meca style at the headrest with 4 15's. I've done a 149.2 at a show but have done a 150.8 testing with 1 15" atomic APX and 2- 1500D's @ the headrest. The 1500's can take the abuse and push out the power. Will soon be trying ot the 3000D.

Yeah the one with accordion surround is me.

Yeah should be toying with some 4HP's from TC with Accordion surround ;)

thanks for all the replies

I compete with my saz-1500d. Just one right now, street A style. Two 10" oems in the trunk of a neon. Have done 143.1 in testing with the current box @ 15 volts, best in comp so far was 140.97 (actually not playing my normal frequency) at 12.4 volts. I have also managed a 140.52 at 11 volts at 49 hz. I have little to no testing, I am not a hardcore spl guy yet, but I am working on it. Later on this weekend I should have some new numbers with my new box still running the factory battery, and just 2 runs of 4 ga. Which is all being switched out before Maryland in 19 days. Might be running 2 saz-1500d's as well for the Maryland show.

I ran 4 1500's and a pair of 10's and achieved a 149.5 in Pro Trunk class, back seats up, legal on the dash.

New setup is going to consist of 4 3000d's and a new subwoofer for all 4 of them for burps.

Sign in to follow this