Sign in to follow this  
allConfused

Morel WR-4 Review!

as i said earlier i was gunna give a review of these corectly when i got a worthy amp. well i decided to swap them into by dads truck. still no crossover so i just eq'd the lowend out as i liked. and they were running free air. ill be making kickpannels soon so lowend should dramatically improve and it will be safer to try low end hehe. the amp was a 50x4 alpine so each morel was getting 50 watts

i played a variation of soft/hard rock song. evanesence, van halen, trapt, nicklback, disturbed, stained.

afyter messing with the 3 band eq( yes only 3 band) i thought holy **** ! they were so bright, so clear. not a hint of distortion. absolutley mind boggling. i was seriously debating whether or not i was going to need tweeters lol. and this is free air! off axis was just as good. if i pointed them directly away from me they got a bit more warn and lost high end of course but to tell you the truth it was the same if not better than the respoce the truck already had! and efficeincy came to mind. these things were friggin cranking off 50 watts with the gains down. his in dash speakers were unheard/ drowned out becuase these were so loud. and they begged for more. id say they were only half way to linear excursion. super awesome midrange speakers. crystal clear, sharp, snappy, and accurate! well worth 90 bucks a pair ( though retail is about 300).

i absolutley highly recomend these to anyone.

and yes i know i posted non sub stuff in a sub forum but hey i like to keep you informed :) . soon ill be doing that mag 15 review!!!!!!

It's not a sub-only forum, it's THE SI forum!! ;)

yeahi know i just think if SI as subs company usually.

i cant wait to buy SI 8's. my frontstage will be complete when i buy those.

yeahi know i just think if SI as subs company usually.

i cant wait to buy SI 8's. my frontstage will be complete when i buy those.

I'm in the same boat.

yeahi  know i just think if SI as subs company usually.

i cant wait to buy SI 8's.  my frontstage will be complete when i buy those.

I'm in the same boat.

me too.