Acidburn

Meal ideas and recipes

Well, I'm on my own again, and I need ideas for meals n stuff. Last year I basically lived off of pasta, soup, and fast food, not the way to go lol. So guys, let's hear your ideas. Things I'm looking for: easy/quick to make, relatively inexpensive, and not completely terrible health-wise. Either list things and I'll find the recipes online or just post the recipes here. Thanks guys.

Well ever since I've been on my own I've found it very very difficult to keep my weight off(whenever I was in shape). See, whenever I was living with my parents it was very easy for me to buy whatever food I needed. Once I moved out, I was limited to about 50 bucks a week for food, not a whole lot if you ask me...especially if you need to eat 6 times a day like I was.

The only advice I can really give is just cut fast food off all together. If you want quick meals cook a large meal (like straight pasta noodles and beef) and cook a large enough serving to have left overs for a couple meals. Also tuna fish in those bags are a nice find, very healthy and not very expensive. Sandwiches became my friend...basically just turkey, wheat bread, and American cheese. OH, almost forgot. Cottage cheese and Rice.

That's about the best food advice I can give you when you are on a budget and want to eat somewhat healthy.

edit: Occasionally when I had money to indulge into my food budget, I would buy chicken breasts, steaks, or fish. ^_^

if all else fails(like the times I didn't have hardly any money to eat) buying a 6 pack of ramen noodles for under TWO DOLLARS is not going to kill you. Now you may regret it once you actually eat all 6 of those packs but hey when you gotta eat, you gotta eat.

Dollar General.

Buy off brands of foods.

also don't be afraid to ask your grocery store's butcher for a "value pack meat box." Give them a price and they usually will make one up for you. For 50 bucks i got about 125 dollars worth of meat. None of it was bad or anything, it was just a later catched chitty wrapping job, or mis stickered.

J

1/2 lb. smoked sausage + ~4-5 cubed pealed potatos + couple cans of green beans + a big pot and water, cook till the potatos are done = so easy and good

I don't need to live off of ramen and dollar store food here lol. Just nothing real fancy.

what do you like that you can't make?

what do you like that you can't make?

i can't make just about everything lol

Buy a roasting chicken, normally found for around $5-10, and get some roasting bags

clean it out and stuff it with carrots, potatoes, a little celery and a fair bit of salt and pepper and poultry seasoning.

Scatter carrots and potatoes outside the chicken as well, and cover pretty well with the seasonings (salt, pepper, poultry).

put it in a roasting bag and lay in in a baking pan, and put a little water in the bottome of the bag, bake for ~3 hours @ 350.

Always comes out really juicy and tender, and tastes great. Takes about 10-15minutes of prep time, and costs between $10-15. Great leftovers and sandwiches later.

Stir-fry. Buy whatever type of meat you want, I say chicken goes best with this too. Get a bag of stir-fry mix (vegetables) and some teryaki sauce. Start a pot of rice and cook the rice while you're doing the following. cut the chicken into small cubes and fry in a skillet a few minutes. Then mix in the vegetables and sauce. Fry for about 5-10 minutes till it's all thoroughly cooked, and you're good to go. Also a good meal for $10-15 that'll have great leftovers, and takes about 15 minutes start to finish.

Moncler offers stunning colours, including white, whitened, african american, azure plus more chooice about shade selecting which provide you the shade physical appearance. You can find great deals on the internet which may be within your budget. When humans gathered with each other sac lancel adjani

to share their particular culture amongst each other, to discover something frequent on other occasions that may form the base of the unity, these people shaped modern society.

There has also been conjecture through those code-lancel.com

contrary to the research laboratory vente sac lancel

coat practice in which by a single, a medical expert seems feeling of energy as well as does not remember the individual's care need to come initial. If your shirt can be a little bit way too short the actual Our bella Band gets rid of the embarrassment because it seems like an below top.