Sign in to follow this  
criticalaudioinc

FI BTL dual 1 ohm or Dual 2 ohm

hey team i was wondering i got my other order of FI audio products in i have a set of 12" btls dual 1 ohm and dual 2 ohm now. I have two sundown 3000ds on order which configuration would be best to get the most output?

Do you feel confident running the 3000D at .5 ohms (not covered under warranty)? If not, get the dual 1's, wire them in series, then in parallel, or vice versa, to yield a one ohm load.

yeah mean dual 2 right? also if i strap the amps what ohm should i run them in? and thanks again!

If you have a pair of dual 2's (as in 2 subs) you will wire them at 2 ohms (with a series/parallel combination). If you have a VERY sturdy electrical you can have dual 1 and strap at 1ohm for 1/2 ohm each but lose your warranty.

I would recommend dual 2 ohm and strap the amps at 2 ohms...

what kinda of wattage would i be pulling? dualing the dual 2 and strapping the eletrical is a 300 amp exessive amperage alt with 1 yellow top and 4 kinectic 2400s with 0 guage all around

thats what i was thinking of doing i just hope im pulling enough power doing 2 ohm i want to do 0.5 i just dont know if it will be covered even with me being a dealer.

thats what i was thinking of doing i just hope im pulling enough power doing 2 ohm i want to do 0.5 i just dont know if it will be covered even with me being a dealer.

2 ohms should be eff.and do well on those amps/strapped as a daily set up. From what I've seen the saz3000d are strong just sitting in the box they come in. :D

Edited by TRZ

Why risk it unnecessarily?

I think 3k per BTL should be just fine.

With that electrical you should be at or just above the 3k per amp, but I am not sure that it would hold the voltage at 1/2 ohm each.

Sign in to follow this