Sign in to follow this  
tejcurrent

Competition results

So I got there to find out my alternator is dying, and won't keep more than 13.9v at idle.

It was a great first show, I did bass race and truck/suv 1501+.

I got 149.9 in bass race and took first place.

I got 2nd place in truck/suv to todd hardwick (but he has a wall in his truck made just for spl, I have a daily setup.

First run was 150.6@44hz, but I thought I peaked a little lower. Next run I tried lower- and got a 150.8@ 35hz.

My alternator wouldn't allow for more than the initial burp, so I know redoing my electrical system will do a lot.

Either way, a few people were fairly impressed with Fi.

1st place bass race and 2nd spl trophies:

trophies.jpg

A vid of a hair trick, crappy camera and didn't show to well, but here it is.

She didn't want to stick her head in all the way, so it could've worked out better, and she kept leaning back out, but oh well.

th_MOV01476.jpg

Edited by tejcurrent

Nice I wish you could come to Orangeburg to show this guys down here what a real system sounds like. I just hope I will be able to generate enough pressure in my van to do a hair trick. I moved a little bit of air when I had my Cerwin Vegas but I did not think to even try it. I just know that when I had the heat on the air from the back pushed the heat from the vents back to the front of the van. I also had a lot of flexing on the back door. The ladder looked like it wanted to jump off and a couple of screws came loose. The wood trim on the interior came down. I sold them and I hope Fi will help me get it back. The platform I built now gets it up off of the floor a little and the bass is more focused at ear level and spread out.

veddy nizzze, i cant wait to get a new box built and get the power doubled on my 15"......im hopin for a 150 in my truck :)

veddy nizzze, i cant wait to get a new box built and get the power doubled on my 15"......im hopin for a 150 in my truck :)

Good luck, A guy there did a 149 with 1 15" RE MT and an MA 4k, somewhere around the mid 50hz range in a single cab truck. (blow through from the bed).

yep, I know my bros bl 12 sounds so louder with the windows cracked at all, sealed up it's tough.

What a small world man. I met you at the show yesterday. I'm the one with the black Yukon w/ the all Rockford Fosgate setup (three 12s & a pair of T1Ks). If only I had known you had a set of BTLs. Thats something I'd like to hear in person. Actually I just ordered a pair of BL 18s this morning to replace my 12s. Just an FYI, I have a TermLab meter so if you come out to anymore shows I'll be glad to let you do some testing & tuning.

What a small world man. I met you at the show yesterday. I'm the one with the black Yukon w/ the all Rockford Fosgate setup (three 12s & a pair of T1Ks). If only I had known you had a set of BTLs. Thats something I'd like to hear in person. Actually I just ordered a pair of BL 18s this morning to replace my 12s. Just an FYI, I have a TermLab meter so if you come out to anymore shows I'll be glad to let you do some testing & tuning.

Damn, small world indeed. Thanks for the tip on the future alternator problems ;)

Yeah, I'm definitely going to some more shows. My uncle owns a car dealership here and is supposed to be finding me a new yukon/tahoe/suburban this week, so as soon as I get that I'll be ripping everything out of my current yukon. Then the build will begin all over. As long as things go as planned I'll be ordering 2 more BTL 18s and getting 2 more 4ks after that :woot:

I'd love to hear those BLs when you get them in, have you started on your box yet?

That's a god send w/ the termlab- thanks! I've been considering buying one since I just can't access one here at the beach.

Edited by tejcurrent

We're doing a similiar build in my bro's Excursion. Four dual 1ohm BTL 18s powered by eight Hifonics bx2005ds. We haven't made it to the subs & enclosure yet though. Its a slow build since we're not planning on competing with it until next season. His past setup was a pair of TeamRF 12s. It did alright with a 145.5 @ 30hz and stayed in the 140s down to 26hz. While it did "wow" the crowd seeing the sides of an Excursion flex like crazy, it wasn't competitive for the 1501-up class.

I haven't started on building my box yet. So far I've only drawn it out on paper. It'll be 12.33ft w/ 192.5in of port tuned to 32hz. I wouldn't mind it being a little bigger in the 13-14ft range but I don't want to rise above the window line.

Check out the Competition Only website www.competitiononly.com They have shows here in Sumter about every other week. The next show is the 14th and I believe they're having one the following weekend also on the 21st. Good luck with the new truck.

Sign in to follow this