rex_runner

I need to make my tc10 happier! What are some good amps??

Alrighty soo I'm looking to finaly get my own amp for my beastly little sub, the oem tc10 from tc sounds. Its a dual 4ohm sub. RMS power is 800 watts but is said to be able to take alot more power than that with a smile. Right now shes being powered by a RF amp that I'm borrowing from my buddy. I guess its rated at like 750watts. It works, but with the power turned all the way up, my sub is beggin for more.

I'm not looking to break my bank, but I'm definately not looking for something walmart would cary either. I dont know much about what are good amps now adays, but a couple I've been looking at are the PG RSD1200.1 and the alpine mrd-m1005. What are some other options I could do? I would like my price range to be like 300 or less.

"all the way up" scares the hell out of me. I think you are asking for trouble with both the bigger amp and the way you are treating it right now. My recommendation wouldn't be to oversize so much.

Well I dont mean the gain is all the way up... just the bass knob. But unless thee is something wrong with my amp... when I have it "all the way up, the sub bumps, but dosnt seem like its being pushed to its potential. And that goes the same for when I turn the gain up more too.

bass boost up may be worse than the gain all the way up, either way it is a bad, bad idea.

Current enclosure ?

800-1000w is plenty for that subwoofer.

Tune your PR higher

i believe a 1cuft box with PR and no weights is just around 30hz. if you wanted to tune higher you would need a 2nd. I had a US Amps MD2D on my TC10OEM and it loved it.. $300 is your budget? I would be willing to sell my MD2 for $300 + shipping.

There are kicker refurbs on ubid all the time, not the best amps but they seem to work. They seem to go cheaper than ebay. Otherwise myself I would hunt for used, I have only had one bad amp and bought quite a few. They took it back and it cost me $7 in shipping.

I'm using a RF 1000BD I believe. Its not mine though, so is one of the main reasons I need my own amp. My buddy says the birth sheet rates it at like 750watts or so..

I have two Kicker Kx1200.1 amps for sale. You can buy just one if you like. They come complete with end caps, bass control, strapping wire, original box and manual. I bought them new and have been the only owner. Performance wise, they have never hiccuped once. And cosmetically speaking, if you wanted to make your amp a show piece, you could. They both are a 9.5 out of 10 for looks. Or should i say, for the lack of scratches, dings, and dents. $300 + shipping gets u 1. Pm me if you have any questions...

eBayPictures030.jpgeBayPictures033.jpgeBayPictures034.jpg

Those look hott haha. I wish I could buy them, but with christmas and all coming up, I probably wouldnt be able to afford them. I will definately keep them in mind tho.