casscarr2002

Reeducation needed for this old newb

Hi Everyone !!

It's been about 10 years or so since I've been in the Car Audio game. I used to run Fosgate and AVI stuff when I was younger ( I'm not old by any means)

I moved to Home Theatre for the last while but I am now getting back to the Good Stuff :)

I've met with 3 installers in my area, 1 of which I remember was around a long time ago. The vehicle is a Saturn Vue. We have decided on Focal/Audison setup with their Clarion DXZ945MP Unit to round it out. Either the Polyglass 6.5 Components or the K2P in the front along with an Access or Polyglas 13" in the rear custom boxed, all run by the Audison LRx 4.300. ( I may at a later date replace the rear door 6.5's but for now I may just leave them unconnected )

As this is a SQ setup the sub will do just fine, but I may swap it out for a Fosgate come install time, depends on my thump needs/wants of late :) We'll see.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Oh ya, I just wanted to say HI ! to everyone here :finger:

Edited by casscarr2002

i say try the new RE comps, i haven't heard many reviews on them but they are supposed to be pretty good, i believe they cost 150$. Ewwww a fosgate sub :wacko:

J/K :P

welcome to SSA, sounds like an awesome plan so far, pix when you can if possible, cause we all love pix of equipment on here

I have the Focal 165K2's and are quite pleased with them. They are getting 75 RMS and they sound great.

i say try the new RE comps, i haven't heard many reviews on them but they are supposed to be pretty good, i believe they cost 150$. Ewwww a fosgate sub :wacko:

J/K :P

Well, again Fosgate is what I used before so I'm not too familiar with a good balanced sub for LSQ anymore. With what I've got laid out, I think I'll have about $900 (CDN) left for the Sub and Enclosure, guess that's about $650 US. So again, any suggestions would be nice :)

10 or 12", preferably a 12".

Edited by casscarr2002

hint hint, start a new topic in the sub section, this will get much more traffic ;)

oh yeah...welcome back to car audio and welcome to ssa..the BADDEST FORUM IN THE LAND

u'll enjoy ur stay..and :pic:

also

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Edited by mrray13