Sign in to follow this  
Blazinloud

Help with my R's

hey guys I tried posting in the fab section about my box, but figured I'd post here as well considering this is the board ive been reading for the past year.

but anywho, last summer i came across a fellow on here from saskatoon,SK which happens to be where im from, said he would build me a box, but i just didnt have the dough at the time....just hopeing he's still here. I think he had an oilers logo as his avatar.

but if not could someone pleeeeeease hook me up with a design/blueprint for my 2 12" r's off a 1500D @1ohm. Ive searched the web, but didnt really come up with anything I trust.

Whoever is going to design your box will need your max dimensions first.

40'' long x 13.5'' high x 22'' deep will give you 4.7ft^3

Port of 5'' wide x 12'' tall will give you 60in^2 of port and a tuning of around 33hz

Once you subtract port displacement and sub displacement you should be around 3.5ft^3 or 1.75ft^3 per sub which is what Alpine recommends.

hey guys I tried posting in the fab section about my box, but figured I'd post here as well considering this is the board ive been reading for the past year.

but anywho, last summer i came across a fellow on here from saskatoon,SK which happens to be where im from, said he would build me a box, but i just didnt have the dough at the time....just hopeing he's still here. I think he had an oilers logo as his avatar.

but if not could someone pleeeeeease hook me up with a design/blueprint for my 2 12" r's off a 1500D @1ohm. Ive searched the web, but didnt really come up with anything I trust.

It could possibly be Aneonrider

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...hp?showuser=640

yep, thats him alright......now only if he'll post in here......

thanks kharps, thats a little smaller than others have suggested.....but if I cant get any others I may go with that......I'll measure out my max dimensions right now, but I have the entire cargo area, tons of space.

Edited by Blazinloud

alright, looks like I'll save a few bucks and build one.....

so if i go with what kharp suggests, how deep does the port piece go?

Edited by Blazinloud

ya i put in those #'s and it said it was tuned to 79hz?

rather than 5" wide maybe you meant 1.5"?

Edited by Blazinloud

box width-40

box height-13.5

box depth1-22

box depth2-22

square port width-5

square port length2-0

no problem man, just tweak those dimensions a little to get the size you want. but like i said make sure you check with someone once you decide on what you're going to use. i remember reading on here that it's been wrong before.

box width-40

box height-13.5

box depth1-25

box depth2-25

square port width-6

square port length2-0

ok, so thats what i came up with using re's calculator. 5.1 cubic feet at 32hz. and thats before port and sub displacement?

how does it look?

i dont know how much the r's take up but the port will take up 1.17ft^3. so that brings you right at 4ft^3, subtract sub displacement and you should be around 1.8ft^3 each i think.

depending on the displacement on the type r's.....i looked at alpines site the other day and i think it only reccomended 1.75ft^3 per sub. so you should be ok. but if you want to go bigger then go bigger. i suggest looking at the website and downloading the manual, it will have all the answers there.

I completely understand what your saying. I just had that recommended to me from a fairly trusted audio enthusiast.

Sign in to follow this