jntar

Need opinions

Steve got me interested in the idea of building a console that I could put a decent SQ sub in. My thoughts were to have something like this,

box.1.jpeg

Box will be fabric matched and coushioned <SP

bolt to surrent center seat/console location, have brackets that fit stock storage box on it. Each end of the box will extend behind each seat for added volume, passenger side extention will be the port.

OR

Plastic or vinal covered glassing to look similar to the current console on the LS & LT extended cab with basically the same layout.

OR

But an existing color matched console and modify it to incorporate the box design.

Ideas and suggestions definatly welcome. I will make a better version when I get home useing photoshop

i think that you're crazy.

like a fox.

That would be great, I like downfiring wookers most of the time to boot!

Umm, how to execute? I couldnt begin to tell you.

I only posted for moral support. :D

-Nick

actually, upon a re-read - definately dont try the aftermarket modified. To thin & weak. I cant see you getting verah much vB out of it.

I assume you are going to have to stay sealed in that option.

If you glass a "hit every nook and cranny" custom console... you might have enough room for an aeroport.

or something.

?

With the console above there will be a good 3-4" on each side that I could "extend" the console to have it wider. take out the compartment and top lid, glass the whole thing inside and over the top just leaving the cup holder. then extending the whole thing behind the seats

ooooooooh, hot. that might workout alright.

get the base/upgrade console - chop it up as needed. use it as a base for all the glass & bondo work.

That'd work out pretty well I'd think. You only need a couple of cuft'age....

ooooooooh, hot. that might workout alright.

get the base/upgrade console - chop it up as needed. use it as a base for all the glass & bondo work.

That'd work out pretty well I'd think. You only need a couple of cuft'age....

I think I am going to go for it, I wanted a console anyway and that price is hella cheap. Just called the local chevy dealer, $359.81+tax for the same thing, its only $179 on ebay :D

absolute worst case, You ruin a console & waste $200 and a chunk of time.

probable: You make a decent enclosure and get some good practice, LoL

Best case: You are a FG pimp, these get wildly popular, You hire dozens of monkeys and train them how to make the exact same things, and eventually buy out Bill gates and marry Supa's mom.

absolute worst case, You ruin a console & waste $200 and a chunk of time.

probable: You make a decent enclosure and get some good practice, LoL

Best case: You are a FG pimp, these get wildly popular, You hire dozens of monkeys and train them how to make the exact same things, and eventually buy out Bill gates and marry Supa's mom.

After all is said and done, the last part is what I am going for ;)

Supa's mom HERE I COME!!!!! :dancingsmilie:

WTH, where does my mom come into this !?!?!?!?!

Try the local scrap yards? They just might have something for you.

Although, that's a good price for that console.

Start high, up by the back window. Bring your enclosure out and then sweep down into an armrest and then level off and go up to the lowest part of the dash. Invert the sub right between the seats - so the magnet faces your rear view (so a slight angle). Then flush mount your amp about a foot away from the dash in the console and paint it the color of the truck. Put a cup holder or two if you want.

Or buy that console, cut a hole in the bottom, prop it up off of the ground, and fiberglass it up. All stock and stealth looking. ;)

Try the local scrap yards?  They just might have something for you.

Although, that's a good price for that console.

Start high, up by the back window.  Bring your enclosure out and then sweep down into an armrest and then level off and go up to the lowest part of the dash.  Invert the sub right between the seats - so the magnet faces your rear view (so a slight angle).  Then flush mount your amp about a foot away from the dash in the console and paint it the color of the truck.  Put a cup holder or two if you want.

Or buy that console, cut a hole in the bottom, prop it up off of the ground, and fiberglass it up.  All stock and stealth looking. ;)

Not a bad idea but it has to be somewhat easy to remove if I sell the truck. Steve, you think that a uber would work OK in it? what is the depth of them? I really either want to try the new mag or an uber

Why not work with the CVs? Or do you just want to try something different? Most single SQ oriented drivers are going to use a small volume box and will yield less displacement than normal drivers. If it's TRUE SQ you are going for, I see no need to go with such a massive enclosure or even a large driver such as the Uber. The subbass driver will be the least of your concerns. Build the sub around the rest of the system. It's merely complimentary, and most often unnecessary.

this sounds like an awesome idea. I wanted to do something like this for my truck, I just lack the talent of fiberglassing things(lol). You should really do it, write a tutorial, and then show it to me :+1:

I really like steves idea though, that would be what I vote for. I'd try to put a screen in there to as well, kind of like monte carlo from CA.com.

Why not work with the CVs?

I really want to try a single Brahma 10" in a console like I described above.

I'd try and possibly with with that console you're looking into right now. Even it you crack it / wreck it ... fiberglass it up and you've got one nice flowing / smooth console.

I've got to show you the console I'm talking about :) Off to find a picture or two.

I really want to try a single Brahma 10" in a console like I described above.

crap man, if you can fit them I would try the dual RL-i 8s

Project will start this weekend, I decided to try and make both the full glassed one and the stock+glass. The best will be installed and the other will be sold or given away.

I have decided to make 1 with the 2 RL-i8s and 1 for the new SI driver. Now to try and find some specs.

kudos on the undertaking... best of Luck Justin. Take your time, I think you can do it :D

-Nick

this should be sweet stuff, would love a pic log

this should be sweet stuff, would love a pic log

Will do ;)

I am going to start on the 2 RL-I 8's cause I still have no specs on the new SI sub.

sweet..can't wait to see the log!!! wish u were closer..i'd love to help on something liek this!

good luck..and x2 on what nick said!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: