Sign in to follow this  
deerhunt1988

2 15" Fi SSDs w/ just 900 watts = LOUD AND LOW

We got my box finished up at 3 A.M. this morning. I didn't build it myself, but paid an installer who has did work for me before. The box is right at 8ft^3 and tuned to 33hz with 120^2 inches of port area. All i currently have is a Kenwood amp that puts out 900 watts to push the subs.

THe subs have the copper coil option and I was defintely expecting them to be louder and lower than my previous 15" L7 ran off the same amp. Well, they exceeded my expectations!

My installer rents out a shop from a car dealership. Once we got the box in my Blazer, i immeditately put it on Young Jeezy - Hypnotize to see just how low these suckers could go. AND THEY WENT ALL THE WAY! We had to turn it down less after a few bass lines cause we were afraid it would set the alarms off at the car dealership. Hypnotize literally hypnotized me. I had no idea a setup could get this loud and low off of just 900 watts. I have heard several setups with 1500+ watts, and these babies get lower than almost all of them.

I gave the subs a huge workout today. I didn't expect them to have that great of high end, or really to be able to keep up with the kick drums in rock. I WAS WRONG! At 50hz they are noticeably louder than my L7 and sound A HELL OF A LOT BETTER, especially while listening to rock. The tones come out just so smooth compared to my L7.

I always wanted a setup where "Soul Survivor" would make someone cringe. I now have it! It actually flexes my dash, and sounds great while doing it.I played around with some test tones, and I couldn't believe how loud these dudes were at low frequencies. At 30hz they still had PLENTY of pop. Dropped it to 25 and it was still louder than 75% of the systems around here. I was a bit cautious trying the 20hz tune, so I only put it on about 3/4 of the way. And the result? MY ENTIRE BLAZER WAS FLEXING! Windshield, doors, front plate, trailer hitch, you name, and it was moving! I couldn't believe it still had that much force that low.

The most "impressing" song on my setup is now Late Night Tip. These subs conquer every low note. I love how the bass goes from my entire body, to just my back, to my nuts when the frequency switches up. Just plain awesome.

In conclusion, these subs definitely exceeded my expecations. I just can't believe I am getting the volume and low end that I am with just 900 watts. I was going to put a Rockford 1501bd on these subs to get them to their full potential. But I honestly don't see the need in it. .I really don't want to upgrade my electrical anyway.I wanted something that was LOUD and LOW, and these subs have that with their current power. And they also just sound great on music. Fairly flat response, a perfect LSQ driver

WOuld yall fool with giving these subs their rated power?

I will get pics up soon.

Can't put up a video cause of this dial-up connection at my summer home.

On another note. My box actually flexes along with everything else.. Does this affect the performance of the subs? If so, what do I need to do?

We got my box finished up at 3 A.M. this morning. I didn't build it myself, but paid an installer who has did work for me before. The box is right at 8ft^3 and tuned to 33hz with 120^2 inches of port area. All i currently have is a Kenwood amp that puts out 900 watts to push the subs.

THe subs have the copper coil option and I was defintely expecting them to be louder and lower than my previous 15" L7 ran off the same amp. Well, they exceeded my expectations!

My installer rents out a shop from a car dealership. Once we got the box in my Blazer, i immeditately put it on Young Jeezy - Hypnotize to see just how low these suckers could go. AND THEY WENT ALL THE WAY! We had to turn it down less after a few bass lines cause we were afraid it would set the alarms off at the car dealership. Hypnotize literally hypnotized me. I had no idea a setup could get this loud and low off of just 900 watts. I have heard several setups with 1500+ watts, and these babies get lower than almost all of them.

I gave the subs a huge workout today. I didn't expect them to have that great of high end, or really to be able to keep up with the kick drums in rock. I WAS WRONG! At 50hz they are noticeably louder than my L7 and sound A HELL OF A LOT BETTER, especially while listening to rock. The tones come out just so smooth compared to my L7.

I always wanted a setup where "Soul Survivor" would make someone cringe. I now have it! It actually flexes my dash, and sounds great while doing it.I played around with some test tones, and I couldn't believe how loud these dudes were at low frequencies. At 30hz they still had PLENTY of pop. Dropped it to 25 and it was still louder than 75% of the systems around here. I was a bit cautious trying the 20hz tune, so I only put it on about 3/4 of the way. And the result? MY ENTIRE BLAZER WAS FLEXING! Windshield, doors, front plate, trailer hitch, you name, and it was moving! I couldn't believe it still had that much force that low.

The most "impressing" song on my setup is now Late Night Tip. These subs conquer every low note. I love how the bass goes from my entire body, to just my back, to my nuts when the frequency switches up. Just plain awesome.

In conclusion, these subs definitely exceeded my expecations. I just can't believe I am getting the volume and low end that I am with just 900 watts. I was going to put a Rockford 1501bd on these subs to get them to their full potential. But I honestly don't see the need in it. .I really don't want to upgrade my electrical anyway.I wanted something that was LOUD and LOW, and these subs have that with their current power. And they also just sound great on music. Fairly flat response, a perfect LSQ driver

WOuld yall fool with giving these subs their rated power?

I will get pics up soon.

Can't put up a video cause of this dial-up connection at my summer home.

On another note. My box actually flexes along with everything else.. Does this affect the performance of the subs? If so, what do I need to do?

did he do a double baffle??? and get sum more power..like a sundown 1500D

Sounds good, did you have a chance to take pics?

You should put the 1501bd on there for the hell of it.

You might want to do something about that box flexing-that's not a good thing. You'll be even happier with a better amp on there, but glad you're satisfied.

The box flexes? If a professional built it there shouldn't be visible flex..20hz MAYBE that is a fun frequency.

I would go ahead and give them each 7 or 800. The extra power will help bring out the higher end where its lacking compared to 30 - 45 range. You can eq down the low end after adding power if its too much for them at those frequencies, or if its just uncomfortable loud for you :-p.

Edited by cougarballa2k5

Glad they are working out well for you and thanks for the nice review. Please give us an update in a few weeks :)

Thanks,

Scott

Bracing that box and minimizing the flexing may also help on the meter. I'm guessing a dowel rod glued in may help, or just cut some mdf and put it in there.

Edited by BassAce

Sign in to follow this