Sign in to follow this  
kickerlivinloud

New speaker setup...

Ok, to start off I'll say that I am tired of listening to my stock speakers. They aren't really that bad (well I have nothing that would be "good" to compare them to) but they need some help. I'm kinda working my toward a more SQ geared install. I still need to be able to crank it and watch my passengers cringe in pain and shock, lol. So now that you know what this thread is about I'll now start of with what I have and what I am waiting on and what plans I have for the future.

What I have:

I have a 03 Ford F-150 Reg Cab. The truck is as bone stock as you get, manual locks, windows, I mean plan as plan jane you can get. I currently have a Eclipse 8445 head unit. I am slowing learning how to use all the fancy dancy features on it (us SPL guys don't need mids and upper stages, blah!!!) For a sub stage I am running a Sonic FX Q 12 powered by an Incriminator Audio 20.1. The sub is seeing a "rated power" of 1800w RMS @ 1ohm. I think we all know the sub is seeing closer to 2kRMS. Now on to the speakers. Like everything else on the truck they are stock, nothing special. My goal is to keep the truck looking as stock as possible. So this mean no fancy pods or any "alterations" to the doors in any way. Because of this I am planning on using 5.25" component sets.

What I have on the way (Waiting on shipping):

Rainbow Professional 5.25 comps CS 230 P3 Cal 25 Tweet.

What I plan on getting soon (ie: this weekend):

Sundown SAX 100.2

I am getting a very good deal on this. Such a good deal I can't say from were or how much I am paying for this. ;)

What I have planned for the future (once money is available):

Lots and lots of Second Skin. I'm still debating on to go with the regular damplifier or to go with the pro. I'm kinda leaning toward the regular b/c of its price. I also plan on getting "overkill' foam to go over the damplifier. I would like to do the whole truck but obviously I will start just with the doors and go from thier.

Ok now that I have a plan laid out I would like to know what you think of it?? Money isn't that big of an issue but then again it is. I'm not looking into dumping several hundred dollars into dampening the truck but then again I always try to do things right and not half-a$$ them. I just sold off my IA DP so that is covering the cost for the rainbows. I'm thinking about selling my MKI Brahma motor as well to help pay for the SAX. I think that I have a good plan laid out but I'm kinda new to the whole "SQ" scene and I am not real sure about how this is going to work out. I plan on making a build log when I do have everything. This thread is to help me work out all the "fine print" in my plan.

I'm also looking for advise on dampening my doors. Could someone send me a link or help me out when it comes to doing doors???

I appreciate any and all insight, ideas, and or critisizms.

Thanks!!!

Jon

Sounds good, how come the FX Q over the MAG?

That might change as well. All really depends on how the output is from the mag. Still trying to build up the ambition to finish off my new box. Maybe I'll do it tonight, have to wait and see.

Thanks for the input!

Jon