Sign in to follow this  
caddyon20s

jlw7 vs fi bl15

those 2 subs are designed for completely different preferences

They aren't at all similar. Specifically they don't sound at all the same.

Take a step back, what are you tyring to accomplish?

The BL was designed to be a woofer for people more concerned with getting louder than sounding perfectly true to the recording, hence a peakier response curve.

The W7 was built ground-up as a low-distortion driver with a bunch of linear travel.

Personally, I'd take a W6v2 over either of them any day, but that's just me :)

What is your honest opinion on the Q vs the w6..?

i heard a w6v2 the other day... WOW the SQ was pretty amazing.... wasn't a beast or anything like that but the SQ was pretty nice... (I haven't heard a Q and being in Hawaii leaves me little options on getting to hear one)

end thread jack (not entirely comparing a Fi product to a JL product just more close in comparison then the OP)

Edited by theabunai

What is your honest opinion on the Q vs the w6..?
Already wrote it on the Great 12 Challenge site :) I think they're very comparable, honestly you could build an award-winning substage out of either.
wasn't a beast or anything like that but the SQ was pretty nice..

It gets as loud as it needs to :)

I really wish lloyd would have done the Q in a sealed box.... Seeing the response graph and the review would've been so nice....

JimJ any plans to put up a response graph with a Sealed Q ?????

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4147

better than the w7 and at half the cost :)

That is one crazy looking BL curve... 40mm of x-max is massive, but that BL curve is crazy.

One of my customers has two of those on an SAZ-1500D @ 2 ohms... he liked it. They are single 4 ohm only, I believe, and he didn't want to run two amps... but he is satisfied :)

IMHO, that would make a good IB sub like npdang said. Higher Q, and LOTS of throw.

i loved mine. wish i could have powered it better. 1000 rms at 4 ohms would sing. the only issue is box size. mine was in 4 cubes at 29 ish hz. for the price though it was awsome.

The Q is a better sub IMO than the W6 and W7. I love the W6, always have. But the Q can handle more power and get louder.

I agree that it is hard to compare a BL to the W7 as far as performance. Cost? BL any day. You can get 2 BLs for the price of 1 W7.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4147

better than the w7 and at half the cost :)

That is one crazy looking BL curve... 40mm of x-max is massive, but that BL curve is crazy.

One of my customers has two of those on an SAZ-1500D @ 2 ohms... he liked it. They are single 4 ohm only, I believe, and he didn't want to run two amps... but he is satisfied :)

IMHO, that would make a good IB sub like npdang said. Higher Q, and LOTS of throw.

Yes, it's a bit of a poor implementation of LMT in TC's early stages. You can easily see how much of an effect miswinding the coil can have on the BL curve. Absolutely great potential though.

Not sure that I would say the SW8200's are better than the W7 (in fact, I would be adamant otherwise) but definitely great value at that pricepoint.

On topic, like said above, two very different products.

i compared my 12 Q to my friend's w7 and they put out about the same if not mine is louder..=/ he did say "u got me" when he sat in my truck but idno.

what is better from any experience you guys have had

those 2 subs are like night and day difference

Sign in to follow this