Sign in to follow this  
kickerlivinloud

Project F-150 be quite

Well figured I had better make a build log for this. I have 40ft^2 of Second Skin Damplifier coming tomorrow and I'm buying another 40ft^2 and 18ft^2 of SS Luxury Liner. I also got my comps in the day before. Rainbow Profi line 5.25" set. I went with the 5.25's b/c I want to keep the truck looking as stock as possible. I'm still debating on were to put my tweeters and the crossovers though. I'm open to any suggestions...

I'll have lots of pictures through out the whole process. It will probably take me a good week plus to do it all b/c its my only vehicle and I need it for work so I will have to work small area's at a time. I'm hoping to deaden the crap out of the doors and get as much dampening in the rest of the cab as possible.

I'll probably start working on this tomorrow after work, really depends on how much energy and ambition I have, lol. Be on the lookout for lots of pics and hopefully a fun build log!!

Jon

:ttiwwop:

Well I've come to the conclusion that deadening is a pain in the ass. I got the outer shell of the door done but thats all. A buddy of mine came over and distracted me from my work. Wish I could just take the door apart, would make life SOO much easier!!! I took a good amount of pictures which I'll try and get up tonight but most likely they'll be up tomorrow some time.

Comps are a lot smaller then I thought they'd be. Almost worries me that they are so small. From surround to surround they are only 4" wide, little suckers. I thought I was given the wrong stuff at first but the specs on it match the specs for the 5.25" set so I guess they are just that small.

Hopefully I'll get some more work done tomorrow after work. Really really glad I picked up that second 40ft^2 b/c this stuff is going quick, lot quicker then I ever thought!

Jon

All right here are the pictures...

These are all of the rainbows...

Rainbow2.jpg

rainbow3.jpg

Rainbow4.jpg

Rainbow5.jpg

Rainbow6.jpg

Rainbow7.jpg

And some shots of the deadener and my door before anything went it. I used some low expansion foam spray in the door for spots I knew would cause trouble and would need extra help. Pain in the ass reaching back there and I'm having trouble fitting something over that large whole. Its not all one 1 plan so its a pain. I have some weather striping tape I'm using and I'll then seal it up after that with some stuff, not really sure yet but it'll be sealed tight by the time I'm done.

SS.jpg

ss1.jpg

ss2.jpg

Sorry for the blurry pics, didn't realize they were that bad..

Jon

Well did a major stroke of work tonight!! Very very happy with the amount of work that got done. Both doors have a full coat of SS and the baffles for the rainbows are made and ready to go in. Had a buddy of mine come over and help me work on it which saved me a ton of time!! Didn't really get any pictures though but I did take this one,

SS3.jpg

Both doors look just like this. Did a little test with the stock speakers. I was very happy with the improvement they showed. The midbass was much stronger and actully pressent when before I had no real midbass to speak of. Very excited to get the rainbows in there and see how they perform!!! I'll probably be getting some wire tomorrow so be on the lookout for more pictures.

This project is moving alone very well and so far I'm quite pleased. Even have a extra 10^2 left over from my first batch of SS. The rest of the SS will go in the truck on every place I can get it.

Still not real sure about tweeter placement, I'm trying to think up a really cool mounting system that will set the truck apart from any other truck but still maintain a some-what stock look.

Jon

Jon

Well I have some good news!! Got a PM from the guy who I'm getting the rest of the SS from, turns out he didn't have any more damp only has damp pro. So he says if I cover the shipping I'll get the damp pro for the same price as I paid for the regular damp!!! I'm pretty pumped, saving a ton of money and have even better product!!!

I didn't get any more work done today, buddy of mine rolled his truck so I had to go and take care of that, ended up being an all afternoon deal. Hopefully I can get the truck back together this weekend, right now I'm down to bare metal and some SS. Looks rough but it deffenetly sounds a lot better!!

Jon

Tell me you deadened more then just the front panel of the door. Inside of the door should be done too.

Are you planning on doing the floor of the truck too? I did it in my Excursion and that made a HUGE difference.

IMG_0991Small.jpg

Let me say again, it was a huge improvement. I used Cascade for the floors.

Tell me you deadened more then just the front panel of the door. Inside of the door should be done too.

Are you planning on doing the floor of the truck too? I did it in my Excursion and that made a HUGE difference.

IMG_0991Small.jpg

Let me say again, it was a huge improvement. I used Cascade for the floors.

Yes the inner panels were done. They were a pain to do!!! I'm not realy sure if I'll be doing the floor or not. Really all depends on how much SS I have left over. I want to do the whole roof and the back wall and then I'll see what I have left over. If their is enough I'll do the floor as well.

Jon

that looks like waay to much fun

You know you can come over and work on it for me any time you like. I'll even provide beer and hot dogs!!

lol.

My damp pro should be shipped out Monday so hopefully I can get back to work on the truck next weekend. Still really impressed by the output of my stocks right now, so much better then before. Can't wait to get the rainbows in!!!!!!!!

Jon

Well got some wire last night so I decided to run some of it tonight. I don't think I got enough though, 50ft of 16ga. Probably pick up some more tomorrow in town if I have time. Finally figured out were I'm putting both my tweets and my crossovers so pictures should be coming soon. Didn't really do anything worthy of pictures tonight. Still plan on gutting the truck so I can fully damp it once that stuff gets here, deffenetly a weekend project!!

So the build is still coming, slowly but surly!! Be on the lookout for more updates and more pictures!

Jon

Update!!

Ok well went to work this morning and by 9am I was back home. It started off annoying but a little after 2pm DHL made a stop by the house. Gave my me second order of SS products. 72ft^2 of damp pro 6ft^2 of damp, and 18ft^2 of the lux liner. So as you can imagine I've been rather busy today enjoying my day off with work of another kinda, lol... On with the pics!

Down to bare metal...

SS4.jpg

ss5.jpg

ss6.jpg

Getting there...

ss7.jpg

ss8.jpg

ss7-1.jpg

ss10.jpg

ss11.jpg

The damp pro is a lot thicker then I thought it would be!! If I have enough I might go back through and do my doors with it if I have enough. Plan on taking out the seat and doing the whole floor some time as well. Probably during the weekend. I need to get some star drive to take out the seat with. Probably pick them up tomorrow and then hopefully work on it some more this weekend. So be on the lookout for more pictures

Also should add that I got the rainbows installed. They sound amazing, still tweaking my HU a little though. Can't wait to throw some real power on them!! Also had JUST enough wire, if I would of gotten a foot less I would of come up short, lol. Gotta love it when stuff works out just perfect. I'll get some pictures of them later tonight when I go and put the truck back together. Ended up putting the tweets up on the dash, lost the stock look but owell, I'll live.

Jon

Ok here are the shots of the rainbows as promised...

rainbow8.jpg

rainbow9.jpg

rainbow10.jpg

And these are some shots of the SS material and a couple other pieces of "junk" I got laying around the shoo... ;)

ss12.jpg

ss13.jpg

ss14.jpg

Jon

nice progress man :)

hurry up and deaden the floor :P

how many layers did you put with on the outer skin of the door ?