Sign in to follow this  
rasta4life

U.S. amps Merlin and AX line

Trying to decide for subs.I am going to put one to a (two subs two amps) 13w7.What is the difference between the merlin and the Ax line, I know that the Ax line is the top line but how comparable is the merlin line

did you like read any of the stuff i wrote on your other thread? lol it was stated twice. once by me and once by SouthPole

but like i stated in the past, the Merlin line = the AX line. the only difference is that if you want more than 2kw or some tube hybrids, go with the ax line. if you want power 2kw and under an normal solid state 2 ch. the merlin is where its at. same circuitry.
if you get the 07 line up then there is no difference between the ax and the merlines besides output. merlins = 2krms and below AX =2krms and higher. excluding the tube amps because they are tubes.

thanks flakko new with US amps I need to make decision about what amps to use I am leaning towards the merlin just for the fact is in compatible with the watt and ohm range.Their is a new model that will do 1600 watts at 3ohm for those 13w7.

thanks flakko new with US amps I need to make decision about what amps to use I am leaning towards the merlin just for the fact is in compatible with the watt and ohm range.Their is a new model that will do 1600 watts at 3ohm for those 13w7.

you are going to need need to wire it in paralle because hardly any one makes an amp the does that without breaking your wallet. and the 13 w7 is dvc 1.5. so the md2d should make something like that at .75 just make sure you have a stable enough charging system because they don't warrenty anything below 1 ohm

Edited by SouthPole1989

well is the prices the same on the merlins or have they went up?since they went topline like the ax series

The all new Merlins are a little more since they have been improved and brought up to AX series level.