Kyle Richardson

Product highlight for August:

On my homepage as well as the forum I'm going to highlight a new product each month. Many of these products may be new items or items that you may not know much about but are worth checking out because they are stand outs for value or performance.

The first product is the CSS SDX15 - 15" XBL Subwoofer driver

sdx15side.JPG

Acoustic Visions is proud to offer the CSS SDX15 driver. For those looking for class leading sound quality with the ability to get low and loud (30mm Xmax each direction) then this driver should be at the top of your list. It utilizes an XBL<sup>2</sup> motor for excellent sound quality, low distortion, and low inductance and as a result offers a VERY flat frequency response throughout the entire bass bandwidth. It uses dual 3" dual layer copper voice coils that are 2 ohm each allowing for the driver to be wired in series for a 4 ohm load which many home audio subwoofer amplifiers are optimized for or wired down to 1 ohm parallel for those beefy car audio amps.

This driver is $270.00 including shipping so it is extremely well priced when compared to other drivers in its category.

Recommended sealed enclosures:

Car audio - 2.5 cubic feet sealed and fully stuffed.

Home audio - Mid Q (Q.707)

I really like the specs of this driver and wish I had the money to try one. :(

I still haven't bought one and I want it so badly :(

edit: Hopefully this helps get some more buzz going for this driver. It's not talked about that much for some reason. :S

Dammit! Too many cool new drivers to play with and not enough money. . . . I still have to mess with the Extremis.

Unfortunately, the introductory pricing of $270.00 including shipping has ended but since I have this as the product highlight for August I'll honor the $270.00 shipped price. The new and regular pricing is $290.00 including shipping.

Just mention your SSA name on the order form and I'll be sure to charge the introductory pricing.

I bought one back when they were 270.00. After break-in this woofer really shines playing deep bass. Upper bass is very tight, but you need to hear the low extension as well as marvel at the huge excursion! I'm powering mine with 600 watts and that is plenty of power to pound out some serious bass. Distortion seems almost nil. Also, the pics don't do this woofer justice. Beautiful cone and very sturdy basket. I also own a Brahma 15 and this woofer performs at least as well. Very similar sound and lack of audible distortion. I think this woofer would be resonable at 500.00.

This really is a bargain at under $300 delivered to your door. I think as more and more people buy these and get some exposure you'll see more and more happy customers mentioning them in their reviews.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Bombsquad56!

My friend just received his pair of these. . .will post a review when we get them going.

Brian

I would love to snatch up liek 10-12 of these. I just wish I had the room!

You don't have an attic or spare room? :)

You don't have an attic or spare room? :)

ATM I am between homes lol

I'm in an apartment, in a great area .. perfect place.. but yeah.. no room. I couldn't even store them in my apt.

Oh well We're looking at a house soon, but I will have to get out of my lease and summer in downtown ST paul will be great fun I think.