Sign in to follow this  
Ryan A

d2 in truck...

First off i would like to announce that im an idiot, and i posted in the wrong section earlier this evening... now to my question.... I got a 92 toyota pickup, and i refuse to cut the bed, so i want to build a box behind my seat... I can get the box at about 1cf i think and still be able to fit the amp in the back... so i was interested in getting a d2 '12 so since i cant physically see the woofer, i would see what you guys think... can it be done.. you guys ever seen your sub in a wedge application and is 1cf enough for the sub... i have a rockford punch 800rms @4ohms.. is that gonna be enough to push it in a smaller box like that?? ive heard nothing but great things about your subs, and really hope i can get it to work out... oh yeah on last thing that may be helpful, i got about 10 inches of space from the bottom back of my seats to the back of the cab... if thats any help.

Edited by Ryan A

Would it be optimal? NO. Would it perform well? I would say Yes. You will be lacking lowend, but hey, it's a tiny enclosure.

I know for a fact that you can get MUCH more than 1 cube in a Toyota single cab truck.

thanks for the input guys... i think that i could do more than 1cf i was just being safe, because my rockford amp is really large... i might just have to put the amp under my seat... it's not preferable, but i've done it before. Just curious, i know your page says closed, .5 to 1.5 is recomended... would 2 be better if i can do it.. im about the sq anyhow. low end is nice but not necessarry.. i was more concerned with the mounting depth than anything else.. anyhow, thanks guys

Besides the obvious (mounting depth of 6.75"), the more you angle the sub the more room you're going to need. And it's always a good idea to leave at least 2" behind the woofer so the pole vent can breathe.

i dunno if this is an option for you but i have a reg cab s-dime and i have plenty of room, im doing a custom center console for one ported 12" d2

i have to take out the 60/40 seats and put in some cheap seats i got from a junk yard but i dont care, its all abt THE bass

its not gonna look too good at first but itll wang

just my 2 cents, maybe u can get some ideas

Tom

What measurements do you get with the seat in your normal position? There should be plenty of room to do a 1 12 install with the amp on one side and the sub on the other. I bet there is plenty of room to do a 2 10 install with the amp in the middle and the 10's on each side. A buddy of mine had a Sound Stream SPL 15 behind the seat of a regular cab toy with plenty of leg room and plenty of box. I think he had 3 cubes total. It wanged hard with just 200w!