Fi4Lyfe

recommended electrical system

well as u can see i have a kicker zx1000.1 rated at 1258 watts. which i do not have installed in my car yet which is an 02' dodge stratus R/T coupe, and i think it hase either a 85amp alt or a 90 amp alt. And im also goin to be buying a 15" BL w/ the p chamfer

i already have the big3 upgrade done with elemental designs 1/0 gauge wire

will i have to consider on upgrading the alternator??

ive looked all over the net, and i just cannot find one for my car, so i need some help on that IF i do NEED to upgrade

and wat about mabe a battey or 2??

thanks

Start with the alt. Then try to fit a battery.

Otherwise you'll have dimming lights, and your alt will be under a lot of stress.

No capacitors. (Caps)

more than likely you'll be 100% fine with your setup unless you are competing and just want to keep up a better voltage.

i run a 98 stratus with the 2.4 and it has the 85 or 90amp alt ( i thought it was 90 but wouldn't swear to it). Even when i had the stock battery in and was running ~2000W RMS i was more than fine, sure if i burped it i'd get voltage drop to about 11v but not very often did i burp a tone.

Right now i'm running about 1400W+ on the same electrical (no big 3) but with a everstart maxx in the stock location and get almost no noticeable voltage drop

btw first setup was an orion 1200d, 8002 and a cadence 2ch. Now i have a big belle and dave's revo for temp use

more than likely you'll be 100% fine with your setup unless you are competing and just want to keep up a better voltage.

i run a 98 stratus with the 2.4 and it has the 85 or 90amp alt ( i thought it was 90 but wouldn't swear to it). Even when i had the stock battery in and was running ~2000W RMS i was more than fine, sure if i burped it i'd get voltage drop to about 11v but not very often did i burp a tone.

Right now i'm running about 1400W+ on the same electrical (no big 3) but with a everstart maxx in the stock location and get almost no noticeable voltage drop

btw first setup was an orion 1200d, 8002 and a cadence 2ch. Now i have a big belle and dave's revo for temp use

wow, that helped alot, thanks man

btw every electrical system is different in its own way too, so you might experience a ton of voltage drop, if you do, go from there. Start by getting a really good replacement for the stock battery, then move on to alts and extra batts