Sign in to follow this  
mlstrass

I'm An Official AA Fanboi

I had to move the Vifa tweets up higher to get them more on axis, so I was stuck with a big hole in my new door pods. No way I was doing them again, so I came up with a pretty simple idea that looks pretty decent. More importantly the sound is WAY better now, which was the #1 goal.

Pass side tweeter in it's new home. Whipped up some simple PVC angle mounts wrapped in gray carpet. $1.50 and about 30 minutes of time. Hard to make a large format tweeter look "good" in a car, but this will have to do.

1001672nd1.jpg

Close up of the driver's side panel.

1001663el5.jpg

Fire up the "bat signal" and the caped crusader of midrange appears!!!

1001664xc3.jpg

Went with the blue theme to match my old eXcelon. Takes about 5 mintues for the blue controls to fully light up.

1001670uc5.jpg

Very nice work. Did you have to cut the doors some to allow for the depth of those mids? I'm redoing mine too and I can probably fit two mids on each side like yours but I would need to remove some more metal.

Front mid is over the stock hole, but the back one required me to open up a 4" square. About 5 minutes with an air nibbler.

I like the logo because it's easy to duplicate...

Now that the tweeters are up higher and on-axis the whole soundstage just came alive. I'm quite happy with how it sounds now.

Although I'd love some of the carbon fiber mids since they show. Maybe if they ever release them again.

I like the logo because it's easy to duplicate...

i remember when chad had the contest for the logo and he showed the finalists. . . i wasn't really digging any of the choices they the were looking at

Sign in to follow this