Sign in to follow this  
gellis4

Mag box

Have a box for a different sub i'm running right now, wanted to know if i could expect good low end bass from a 12 d2 in a 2.1 cube box tuned at 30 hz before driver displacement..

I would be feeding it ~700w daily. I'm a deep bass junkie, but i had to get rid of my HC 15, and need something in a 12" driver that can get LOW in a box no bigger than 2.1 cubes ported, 2.3 cubes sealed and shallow (12" would be my only option from SI). I can get more power, i was wondering if i could just plug the D2 into my box as i don't really want to make another one, it's quite a pain because it's not square.

I suppose i could take the backseat out of my Wrangler again, but that won't happen till wintertime, and if i could avoid it permanently and be happy with what is back there, then i will just keep it behind my rear seat.

Thanks for any input

--Greg

looks like i'm going to have to order one when funds arrive. aka paycheck :D .

should i just email the sales dept. when i get the money together? I don't have a CC so paypal/mo are my only options for payment. Was wondering what ones would get the sub faster :slayer:

Paypal is quick and easy. Just email Nick for the info. He has got to be the nicest guy to deal with ive ever bought from.

Email link is from the main page under the contact section.

i was also wondering what the driver displacement of the sub is. Because if i know that i can try and optimize the box. Instead of just shooting in the dark. I'm changing the box around a little bit because the port is in a bad place, and it free'd up maybe .1 cubes. So my box would be 2.16 or something like that before driver displacement, if i knew that the box was going to end up being 2.1 cubes with the D2 i'll change the dimentions of the port a little bit to get the tuning more exact.

Thanks,

--Greg