Sign in to follow this  
bdawson72

Box and loading Inquiry

I didn't think that I'd do this but. Heh, it happens. I'm a complete boxbuilding noob. I know how many cuft Fi recommends and how much port area they recommend. But, I've tried my hand at it and failed.

But anyways, Here are my max specs.

49 inches wide

27 inches deep

16(I may be able to squeeze 16.5 out of it) inches tall

I'd like to do the port either on the left or in the middle. But, since I have seen/read/heard loading problems I'm pretty unsure as to what to do.

I may be concerned about being loud but i would much rather have my woofers happy and lasting longer.

I love reading posts about box tuning and loading. Since that is probably the only area of car audio that seems to baffle me.

Scott I sent 2 emails, but i understand that you are a busy man. I just wondered what input you had on things since, the Q's will be slightly different than the stock ones.

Edited by bdawson72

The space you have will net you 8 cuft with a single slot port to one side that is 14.5" X 7" and 27" long (tuned to 30 Hz). Itll make for a solid deep daily setup.

You can do a central port, but it will separate the box into a pair of enclosures vs a common one with a side port (for aesthetics you could do a pair of side ports as well).

Do you need a cut sheet? If so I can get you one tonight.

Thanks,

Scott

Holy above and beyond, you impress me daily Scott.

Wow, that amazes me as well.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Ps. If you could. I'd like to use the design that had ports on both sides.

Edited by bdawson72

me too.. If possible I would like the plans with ports on both sides..thanks alot

Edited by yama168

Sign in to follow this