Sign in to follow this  
mr tibbs

Sup fellas!

I swear I have been registered here before, but all of my log in info was missing so maybe I'm up in the night. Anywho, some of you might recognize me from other forums, I'm kinda all over but I have heard good things about this place so I thought I would check it out. Looks like a good place to learn more info!

You'll love it here. Get 400+ posts and we hand out reach arounds.

I have yet to receive mine.............. :finger:

They call me.....

:WELCOME:

You'll love it here. Get 400+ posts and we hand out reach arounds.

Damn, I better get on the spam wagon then!! Who can turn down a good reach around? :horse:

Edited by mr tibbs

*raises hand

I see you have the Seas mids and LPG tweets in your Silverado, how do you like them? I have the same frontstage, but I'm thinking of ditching the mids because they just don't play low enough for me to blend them with my sub. That and I'm getting sick of playing with an active x-over. I just might go back to passive! :o

*raises hand

I see you have the Seas mids and LPG tweets in your Silverado, how do you like them? I have the same frontstage, but I'm thinking of ditching the mids because they just don't play low enough for me to blend them with my sub. That and I'm getting sick of playing with an active x-over. I just might go back to passive! :o

If the CA's don't go low enough it sounds like you have an installation issue. Mine play with authority to 50hz and play down to 40hz without complaining at all. People are amazed at the midbass in my truck. How are yours mounted?

Stock door location with a mdf baffle and tons of deadning (Raammat plus ensolite). Right now I have the x-over set at 80hz with a slope of 18 dbs. When I switch it down to 63hz it sounds distorted when I turn up the volume. Even when I switch the slope to 24 dbs it still doesn't sound right. Given this is just when I turn it up, maybe they just don't like the power I'm feeding them. The front stage is run by a PG Xenon 100.4 with the gains turned wayyyy down. Each driver is one their own channel, but they are all 8 ohm drivers so they should be getting a little more than 50 watts per driver. Maybe I'm not getting something here, thoughts??

Stock door location with a mdf baffle and tons of deadning (Raammat plus ensolite). Right now I have the x-over set at 80hz with a slope of 18 dbs. When I switch it down to 63hz it sounds distorted when I turn up the volume. Even when I switch the slope to 24 dbs it still doesn't sound right. Given this is just when I turn it up, maybe they just don't like the power I'm feeding them. The front stage is run by a PG Xenon 100.4 with the gains turned wayyyy down. Each driver is one their own channel, but they are all 8 ohm drivers so they should be getting a little more than 50 watts per driver. Maybe I'm not getting something here, thoughts??

Are the "holes" in your doors sealed up?

I have nearly twice the power on mine and they won't bottom out. What sort of music or any particular songs that create the problem? I can run mine full range typically without problems.

What sub are you trying to blend with?

Two layers of Rammat on the outer door, 1 layer of Rammat plus 1 layer of ensolite on the inner door. I don't think the sound deadning is my problem. I listen to mostly rock and the place I notice it most is when Tool is on and cranked. Like I said, maybe it's too much power for them? I don't know what the deal is right now.

The sub is a custom made jobber using a TC9 motor with RE soft parts. It's a David of RE special! Really it sounds damn good, I'm using a PG Xenon 600.1 to power it right now, but in the future I will be using my PG Xenon 2000.1! That should blow away my front stage completley.

What kind of vehicle? I assume since you have gone as far as you did that the inner door access you closed up as well?

I have some Tool that I haven't listened to in my truck but will. Any tracks in particular that wreak havoc on them? At the moment I really feel that something is wrong. :( They are the CA18RNX that you have?

Your setup sounds a lot like mine, I have an Rlp and a bit more headroom.

Yep, CA18RNX is what I gots, and yes the doors are all sealed up. It's not horrible distortion that I hear, but when I turn it up (maybe a little too much), it's there. And no, I really don't think that I am clipping the amp. My H/U is a Premier 860mp and the gains are set down pretty far on the amps. The volume never goes above 30 on a scale that goes up to 40. Maybe it's my "tune it by ear" EQing job. Not much access to an RTA in the land of Zion. :(